Program/learn key fob 98 Eldorado
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Program/learn key fob 98 Eldorado in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone have instructions on programming. I will be using the Snap On Solus Pro V 11.2 Thans for any ...
    rickscadddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 eldo

Program/learn key fob 98 Eldorado

Does anyone have instructions on programming. I will be using the Snap On Solus Pro V 11.2
    Thans for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mafiaman111 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Eldorado 173000 miles Black on Black

Re: Program/learn key fob 98 Eldorado

These Instructions are for programming thru the built in menu on the instrument cluster

this is SUPPOSED to work -

1. Insert key into ignition and turn to the ON position (as far as it goes without cranking the engine.

2. Press OFF and WARM (temperature up) on the Climate Control Panel simultaneously. The IPC Display will
    light all telltales, go blank, then enter “Diagnostic Mode.”
    Note: On Analog IPC’s that use a dial for the temperature control, press the main OFF and PASSENGER COOLER
    (far right button toggle UP) buttons until “RFA?” is displayed, then press FAN UP.

3. Press FAN DOWN to scroll through the diagnostic menu until “RFA?” is displayed, then press FAN UP.

4. Press FAN DOWN until “RFA OVERRIDE” is displayed, then press FAN UP.

5. “NO OVRD RF S00” is displayed, press FAN UP.

6. “PGM Fob 1 S01” is displayed; press WARM button and a “99” will be displayed in the upper left corner of the
    IPC Display just below the odometer. The system is now ready to program the #1

7. Press and hold the TRUNK button on the remote, and within one second of pressing it, press and hold the
    LOCK button. Continue to hold both buttons until the locks cycle or until the display changes from “99” to “0.” If the
    remote has not programmed within 30 seconds of entering “99” override display, the display will return to “0” and you
    must go back to step 6.

8. To program remote #2, press FAN UP button until “RF PROGRAM FOB #2” is displayed. Press WARM button.

9. Follow step 7 to program remote #2.

10. Press RECIRC or RESET to exit programming.

Thanks Mafia Man! I will try that, but on a few other searches I was told I need a scan tool tech 2, and I found the instructions for that.
    I will try your instructions, but the other replys on other sites say it cannot be done on the IPC.
    Please reply.
    Thanks.
    rickscadddy.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    '00+ Devilles and '98+ Sevilles require a Tech II to pair the fobs. The Eldo was never updated, and can be paired without it.

Thanks for the info. Bought an extra new fob on internet, and to cover their as's they probably told me I needed the scanner.
    Appreciate your info. I will give it a shot. Thanks

Cadillac Kyle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 eldorado etc, 1997 eldorado etc, 2001 eldorado etc
    My 01 eldorado would have to be programmed. There is no IPC override... Only codes/clear all. Never tried it on my 98 but if there is no override feature for IPC, it will need a tech 2

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    All 98+ Deville Seville and eldo require a tech 2. No other way to do it.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Yeah THAT ^^^^^^

You can always find a '97 RFA module and replace the original one and you will get to use the instructions on post #2.
    Is plug and play (literally), however you need the proper remotes for the '97 module.

I found this on a Snap On Site. Page 3. http://www1.snapon.com/display/1068/...NAL9272011.pdf
    2010 Domestic and Asian Coverage including Ford, Chrysler, Acura, Honda,
    Kia, Mitsubishi and Mazda
    Access to over 17,300 Systems for 1993 – 2010 model years:
    • Ford CAN Cylinder Contribution Tests
    • Hyundai, Kia and Mitsubishi PCM VIN Write
    • GM Brake Pedal Pressure (BPP)
    • GM HO2S Heater Learn
    • GM Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Learn, Idle Learn, Idle Air Control
    (IAC) Reset
    • GM Airbag/SDM Handshake
    Additional Coverage:
    • Body Control for Acura and Honda Door Lock, Gauge and Light Modules
    • ************************************************** ***********************Enable Key FOB remotes with GM Program Key FOB*****
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************
    • Codes, Data and Seat Calibration with Toyota and Infiniti Occupant Classification Module
    • Kia and Mitsubishi Immobilizer Systems
    • Tire Sensor Registration for Acura and Honda with TPMS Registration
    • Newly added Volvo coverage with optional European software
    Fast-Track® Troubleshooter coverage* back to 1993 with 15,400 Tips and Timesavers, including
    Code and Symptom Tips, Test and Procedures and Tech Assistance for GM Body, Transfer Case,
    Transmission Shift Adapts and Repair Support, Drive Cycle Support for Subaru and Toyota No Starts

I ask again: "Does anyone have instructions on programming. I will be using the Snap On Solus Pro V 11.2"

naif is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 Seville STS, 2004 Deville DHS

If you're near me, I have a Tech II - that should able to program it; it's just sitting in a box right now. I won't bite, promise.

Willoughby oh 44094

That's not worth the drive, I'm near the NC/VA border near the ocean. You may have to find someone near you who can do it (probably a dealer...)

I have a friend with the Solus Pro. That scan tool is supposed to do it, if you read my previous post.
    I think he can figure it out, but since he has never done a remote I was trying to see if someone had precise instructions.
    And by the way, I just got a 3 door garage door opener. Amber rolling.
    I am now looking for how to program that if you know how.

Document ID# 508536
    1998 Cadillac Eldorado
    Garage Door Opener Programming - Universal

The garage door opener (GDO) is programmed by using the customer's hand held transmitter.

Important

Do not use the GDO with any garage door opener that is not equipped with the STOP and REVERSE safety feature. This includes any garage door opener model manufactured before April 1, 1982.

Ensure that all people and objects are clear of the garage door that you are programming.

Garage Door Opener Programming

Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position while programing the transmitter. Use the following procedure in order to program up to 3 channels:

If you have previously programmed a transmitter, proceed to step 2. Otherwise, perform the following steps:
    Hold down the 2 outside buttons on the garage door opener (GDO) transmitter until the light on the GDO transmitter begins to flash rapidly (approximately 20 seconds).
    Release the buttons. This procedure initializes the memory and erases any previous settings for all 3 channels.
    Decide which one of the 3 channels you want to program.
    Hold the end of the hand-held transmitter against the front surface of the GDO (less than 1 inch) so the light is still visible.
    Using both hands, press the hand-held transmitter button and the desired button on the GDO transmitter. Continue to hold both buttons through step 5.
    Hold down both buttons until the light on the GDO transmitter flashes slowly and then rapidly. The rapid flashing (which may require up to 90 seconds), indicates that the GDO transmitter has been programmed. Release both buttons when the light starts to flash rapidly.

Training GDO for Rolling Code Receivers

This procedure is for training the customer's rolling code garage door openers to the garage door opener (GDO) transmitter. The GDO must already be programmed to the hand-held transmitter. The training process below must be completed within 30 seconds or the training process must be repeated.

Locate the TRAIN button on the garage door opener receiver. (Reference the operator's manual for the garage door opener or call 1-800-355-3515 for assistance). Follow instructions for the garage door opener in order to know when the unit is in train mode.
    Return to the GDO transmitter in the vehicle and press the button that you want programmed 3 times for the button (1 second each time).
    Re-press the button in order to verify that the GDO transmitter is programmed.

You may use either the hand-held transmitter or the GDO in order to open the garage door.

The GDO is compatible with most, but not all types and brands of transmitters. If a compatibility conflict occurs with a transmitter, call HomeLink™ at 1-800-355-3515.
    Erasing Channels

In order to erase all 3 programmed channels, hold down the 2 outside buttons until the light on the garage door opener (GDO) transmitter begins to flash. Individual channels cannot be erased, but may be reprogrammed using the Garage Door Opener Programming procedure.

That was easy! Thanks naif!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.