Handling: STS vs ETC
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Handling: STS vs ETC in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Quick question.. What the difference in handling between these two cars from 92-97 and 98-02? Anyone experience driving both enough ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Handling: STS vs ETC

Quick question.. What the difference in handling between these two cars from 92-97 and 98-02? Anyone experience driving both enough to have a solid opinion?

Thanks in advance...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    92-97- STS and ETC are going to be the same, since they are the same weight, same size (ok, the STS is 3in longer), and same suspension. Not sure on 98-02, but i am fairly sure that the ETC used the same suspension as it did in earlier years.

Yeah, I believe that is correct - about the ETC always using the same suspension - even up to '02.. I'm assuming the newer STS handles better - but I'd like to find out for sure...

Thanks!

Sal

jadcock is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2001 STS
    In 1998, the Seville moved from the EK-chassis to the G-chassis that the Aurora is built on. It's supposed to be the stiffest chassis General Motors has (or was at the time). Supposed to do many good things for NVH, handling, etc. They also came out with CVRSS, version 2, sometime in the late 1990s, so it's hard to compare apples to apples if you're looking at two different suspension systems and softwares.

The Eldorado continued on the EK platform until its demise last year. I don't know if they upgraded to version 2 on that car as well. ??

If you compare a 2002 STS and a 2002 ETC, they'll be two very different cars I'm sure. Comparing a 1997 STS and 1997 ETC should reveal very few differences, if any, in seat-of-the-pants performance, ride, and handling.

Thanks.. I'm still thinking that the STS handles better - with less body roll - atleast on '98 models and newer...

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR
    Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
    Thanks.. I'm still thinking that the STS handles better - with less body roll - atleast on '98 models and newer...
    And don't discount the Magnetic Ride - have you test driven it yet? Damn I wish I had it on the Flying Nimbus.

BTW, it's my understanding that the CVRSS 2.0 is a *major* improvement over the first CVRSS.

Unfortunately, I wont be getting an '03 STS. I'm not having the kind of year to spend that much money... The '01 at about $30k is all I can do... I wont bother asking for a test drive - that's one complaint I have, I guess, about dealers.. They're pains in the asses when it comes to that...

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    You might as well ask for a test drive. I actually got paid $50 to test drive a buick!

playaman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Lol, ya, go for a test drive. I'm a punk ass 19 year old and they let me test drive a bmw m3 at the dealership. lol. crazy dealerships, they learned their lesson.

Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I've taken Semis for test drives at 19

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.