1999 Eldorado A/C Compressor INOP - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 1999 Eldorado A/C Compressor INOP in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; All fuses are in working condition. When we tried jumping the pins in the fuse block under the hood, the ...
    Ryan96 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

Re: 1999 Eldorado

All fuses are in working condition. When we tried jumping the pins in the fuse block under the hood, the a/c compressor did not come on.

----------

[QUOTE=vincentm;3469841]Follow the diagnostic troubleshooting tree i posted before diggin in. That's a bitch of a job..but if you're going to do so.

here are the steps:[LIST=1]
    Thank You

Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan96 View Post
    Would the low refridg cause the a/c compressor to not engage even after jumping the pins.
    I'm not sure what pins you're jumping. I never had to jump anything in a Cadi to start the comp. Clearing the ACM codes will turn on the comp during a recharge if the system is operational.
    Clear the ACM while it is running. Turn AC on while someone is watching and/or listening for the comp to come on.

Clearing the ACM is that the same as the PCM, After the dic reads out all of the codes, it says PCM is that the one to clear?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Maybe the compressor clutch is shot. Try putting 12v directly to the clutch, but with the LOW REFRIGERANT message I suspect that is the problem and you are somehow missing it. Have you put a set of A/C gauges on it to get the system pressure readings?

P.S.
    I edited your title. "1999 Eldorado" is not very informative.

Update,

My grandfather was finally able to get back to working on his a/c problem. He has determined that there is no power coming from the green wire on circuit 59.
    Any help would be appreciated

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.