Key fob transmitters - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Key fob transmitters in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by rodnok01 Bypass vats and then you can use any key. Hardest part is laying on your back ...
    MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodnok01
    Bypass vats and then you can use any key. Hardest part is laying on your back under dash.
    I usually take my shoes off, fully recline the seat, and lay upside down when working under a dash. A pillow helps.

consigliori is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Triple Black Eldorado ETC, 98 ETC(HG), 91 Seville(gone)
    There's no need to -
    vats keys are cheap man

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Re: Key fob transmitters

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    I usually take my shoes off, fully recline the seat, and lay upside down when working under a dash. A pillow helps.
    -------------------------------------------------
    all you need now is your blanky -
    and you're all set for a little nap -

consigliori is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Triple Black Eldorado ETC, 98 ETC(HG), 91 Seville(gone)

Here ya go,
    finished & fully functional-

Not bad - I'm happy with it : ) It's not crazy bulky to carry in your pocket, and you can't even see it in the ignition while driving (at least I can't anyway)
    I've only been using it for a couple days but so far there's been zero issues or problems. Fun little project for about 20 bucks & time spent.

I had cut the rough draft key first using needle files to match it to my ignition key, and it turned out great - worked perfectly.
    Then I screwed up the correct valve vats blank when cutting it into a keyblade, of course. Thought I was going to end up bypassing vats after all,
    but I just put the resistor pellet from the key I messed up into the one I had already cut - no problemo

I wanted the button layout piece flush with the case but wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull that off and have it look alright.
    I wish I would've cut it a little longer to cover up the empty button at the bottom too. Havn't figured out what to do with that yet-

And I suppose the key could be a bit shorter-
    I never thought about it but I use the ear/tab things to turn the cylinder also, not the key. I still can, but it's a little different motion.

And there's totally enough room in there for the door key, and have it able to slide in and out from the bottom, once I figure out the best way to do it

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    That actually looks pretty good considering the two totally different designs and plastics.

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Looks good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.