Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Key fob transmitters

4K views 35 replies 6 participants last post by  rodnok01 
#1 ·
Got kind of an odd question, maybe somebody knows-
I'm looking for the size comparison of the insides of this GM key fob:

In relation to the pcb/insides of ours...?

----------

Sorry-
By "ours" I mean this one

See less See more
#34 ·
Here ya go,
finished & fully functional-

Not bad - I'm happy with it : ) It's not crazy bulky to carry in your pocket, and you can't even see it in the ignition while driving (at least I can't anyway)
I've only been using it for a couple days but so far there's been zero issues or problems. Fun little project for about 20 bucks & time spent.

I had cut the rough draft key first using needle files to match it to my ignition key, and it turned out great - worked perfectly.
Then I screwed up the correct valve vats blank when cutting it into a keyblade, of course. Thought I was going to end up bypassing vats after all,
but I just put the resistor pellet from the key I messed up into the one I had already cut - no problemo

I wanted the button layout piece flush with the case but wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull that off and have it look alright.
I wish I would've cut it a little longer to cover up the empty button at the bottom too. Havn't figured out what to do with that yet-

And I suppose the key could be a bit shorter-
I never thought about it but I use the ear/tab things to turn the cylinder also, not the key. I still can, but it's a little different motion.

And there's totally enough room in there for the door key, and have it able to slide in and out from the bottom, once I figure out the best way to do it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.