Right rear upper control arm.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Right rear upper control arm. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Heard a squeaking sound coming from the rear of my Eldo. Real noticeable when you push up and down on ...
    92WHTSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldorado ETC

Right rear upper control arm.

Heard a squeaking sound coming from the rear of my Eldo. Real noticeable when you push up and down on the rear, had it diagnosed, tech said it was a bad rear upper control arm, bushings are rotted out. The whole control arm needs replacing. Checked out prices and it costs $750.00 dollars for a new one from the stealership. My question is does anyone have a reputable place where I can purchase this part without the high cost? And would it be advisable to purchase a used one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Right rear upper control arm.

No upper control arm ? Lower traiing arm, rear knuckle alignment link, shock absorber with height control bladder, separate sway bar (squeaky when bushings go).

Talk to Chris in parts at Rippy Cadillac over there - business hours, EDT.

For parts blowup, get into www.gmpartsgiant.com, your car, system, specific system. A text page will open - upper left is a "more info" tab that opens a parts blowup keyed to the text page.

Thx for the reply Sub, but mine has a upper control arm just like number 3, was wondering if I can get away with just replacing all the bushings instead of the whole assembly.

txtaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 72,92,02 Eldorado

The Eldo does have a rear upper control arm.
    Part Giant has them for $552 and based on what I've read, everyone has just replace them. Can't get bushings individually.

When I ever get time, I plan on getting an upper and lower from the junk yard and matching bushings to fit. I'm thinking they are pressed in and I've always wanted a bearing press.

I need to go with a combination of poly and rubber since I added ~300lbs of DynoMatting to the car and need to stiffen it up a bit.
    So far I know there are polys are available for some of them.
    I'll post results when I get to it, hopefully sometime this year.
    Taz

Thx for the reply txtaz. I was thinking of doing the same, finding one from a salvage yard, and having the bushings pressed in from a machine shop. However, the place I deal with says they don't install used parts, only new ones. It's ridiculous to me to have to buy the whole assembly for that amount of money.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

Make sure that the problem isn't actually the ball joints in the knuckle, where the control arm attaches. It's a much more likely suspect, and is not part of a new control arm assembly...

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    Make sure that the problem isn't actually the ball joints in the knuckle, where the control arm attaches. It's a much more likely suspect, and is not part of a new control arm assembly...
    I was shown by the tech, it's both bushings in each end of the upper control arm as shown in the illustration number 4.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

Ok good deal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.