91 Eldorado Turn Signal Stalk Replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By EldoRedo
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 91 Eldorado Turn Signal Stalk Replacement in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Folks: I want to replace the turn signal stalk on my 91 Eldorado. One previous discussion says it just pulls ...
    EldoRedo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 ETC (Crimson)

91 Eldorado Turn Signal Stalk Replacement

Folks:

I want to replace the turn signal stalk on my 91 Eldorado. One previous discussion says it just pulls out after it's twisted toward the dash. This seems reasonable based on the parts. It would appear there's even a notch (arrow) where the pin on the end of the stalk would be inserted, then twisted away from the dash to seat it.

So I have tried that, exerting some significant force, yet not enough to break anything -- but the darn stalk just won't budge! I could try squirting some WD-40 into the switch -- but am I on the right track here? Does anyone know what the right procedure is?

Thanks!!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 91 Eldorado Turn Signal Stalk Replacement

Just to close this thread and for others' reference, the Service Manual says (p. 3F-7): "Push the lever straight in, rotate clockwise one-quarter turn and pull out of [turn signal] switch."

Sorry to bump this one last time, but after completing the replacement, the Service Manual is incorrect. The correct procedure is to push the lever in (it feels like 1/4"), then twist the lever one-quarter turn counter-clockwise (toward the dash). You can then easily pull the lever out of the switch. To install the new lever, align the pin shown in the third photo above with the notch (arrow), insert the lever, push in and twist clockwise.

The lever, BTW is AC Delco 25111191. It was used on Allante 1990-93, Eldorado 1990-91, and Seville 1990-91.

I have previously had issues with the electrical connector coming loose at the column, so would also note FYI that the new part has a third small finger to its clamp function that had broken off on mine, but it is so hard to tell I had never noticed it was missing.
    VEGASELDO91 and VEGASELDO91 like this.

VEGASELDO91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 ELDORADO (R.I.P.); 1995 Sedan Deville

Thanks for sharing, glad you were able to get it done!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.