Gauge Cluster Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Gauge Cluster Problem in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So today I was messing around with my rearview mirror trying to convert it to an onstar (7 pin to ...
    STSClint is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS 1SB, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Platinum

Gauge Cluster Problem

So today I was messing around with my rearview mirror trying to convert it to an onstar (7 pin to 16 pin) mirror on my STS. After trying different wire combinations I realized that it wouldnt work... Then it was time to go to work and as I drove down the road I realized that my gas gauge and temp gauge were working but the speedo, tac, and blinkers were NOT. The info buttons and trip buttons didnt work either. Did I simply blow a fuse or did I do something worse?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mafiaman111 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Eldorado 173000 miles Black on Black

Re: Gauge Cluster Problem

you could have shorted the cluster out and ruined it but it wouldn't hurt to check fuses

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

I would assume you burned a fuse or worst case scenario something on the DIM. You need to check the FSM to understand what could have happened. Not that I want to sound like a snob or something, but you should have checked the FSM before starting to mess with the mirror wires. The OnStar mirror harness does have all the wires a non-OnStar mirror has plus some more. You also need the VCM for this to work.

Alright so I didnt fry my whole electical system like the stealership told me? And thanks for the help! I shall check the fuses under the back seat! Owners manual here I come!

Hello again. Thanks again to all who have helped thus far... Yesterday I checked all of the possible fuses (both under the rear seat and under the bonnet). I found that my DIM fuse was shot so I replaced it, turned the car on and the Tachometer and Speedometer still did not work... HOWEVER my SERVICE CHARGING SYSTEM message went away (it was still there after putting in a new Delco). So this leads me to believe that the module itself is at fault...? I have been getting A LOT of DIM codes recently so maybe it just decided to die? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

To chnage the DIM you need a TECHII to program your VIN (same idea as with the HU).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.