Want to install magnaflows, which one is the muffler?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Want to install magnaflows, which one is the muffler? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The '00-'04 series uses a 2 1/2" front flanged flex pipe-to-cat exhaust pipe, a section with O2 sensor boss, a ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Corsa exhaust or Magnaflow?

The '00-'04 series uses a 2 1/2" front flanged flex pipe-to-cat exhaust pipe, a section with O2 sensor boss, a smallish labyrinth resonator/muffler, a 2 1/8 - to - 2 1/4 roller bent tailpipe to a 2 1/8 - 2 Y into huge, heavy labyrinth stamped mufflers with 1 3/4 pipes to phony dual tips. All roller bent and stamped welded.

The CORSA is also all s/s, but 1/4 to 1/2 larger everywhere and mandrel bent. Begins just behind the OEM honeycomb cat. The resonator/muffler and mufflers are straight through units with calculated resonance holes burned from the pipe into the main bodies. NO packing. If you put the system together on your garage floor, you can see a flashlight beam through the whole thing. Its a lot lighter, too. Uses all the original rubber cookie hangers. Very quiet on the highway with a low rumble at idle. Will truly wake the dead on a 1-2 WOT run, and is purrrrfect coming down the tach in 2. Guaranteed for life. Pricey and just great. Love it. Use a lift, be careful measuring, and probably need 2 small s/s hose clamps on the rear muffler rods to maintain center. www.corsaperformance.com .

Don't try to outguess CORSA: use the anti-seize and a torque wrench and you won't have any leaks. Get creative and you'll have a mess.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The '00-'04 series uses a 2 1/2" front flanged flex pipe-to-cat exhaust pipe, a section with O2 sensor boss, a smallish labyrinth resonator/muffler, a 2 1/8 - to - 2 1/4 roller bent tailpipe to a 2 1/8 - 2 Y into huge, heavy labyrinth stamped mufflers with 1 3/4 pipes to phony dual tips. All roller bent and stamped welded.

The CORSA is also all s/s, but 1/4 to 1/2 larger everywhere and mandrel bent. Begins just behind the OEM honeycomb cat. The resonator/muffler and mufflers are straight through units with calculated resonance holes burned from the pipe into the main bodies. NO packing. If you put the system together on your garage floor, you can see a flashlight beam through the whole thing. Its a lot lighter, too. Uses all the original rubber cookie hangers. Very quiet on the highway with a low rumble at idle. Will truly wake the dead on a 1-2 WOT run, and is purrrrfect coming down the tach in 2. Guaranteed for life. Pricey and just great. Love it. Use a lift, be careful measuring, and probably need 2 small s/s hose clamps on the rear muffler rods to maintain center. www.corsaperformance.com .

Don't try to outguess CORSA: use the anti-seize and a torque wrench and you won't have any leaks. Get creative and you'll have a mess.

WolfFang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 SLS

Want to install magnaflows, which one is the muffler?

Hey. I have a 2001 Seville SLS. I want to install magnaflow mufflers on the car. Something with a nice mellow rumble at idle. I'm confused on where the actual muffler is however. Is it the one after the cat converter, or the two rear ones? Should I get two magnaflows and put them on the rear and leave the front one alone, or just one near the cat converter and leave the two rear ones alone. I'm confused.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Srsly?

Re: Want to install magnaflows, which one is the muffler?

Yah srsly. I thought the rear two were mufflers and the one up front was a resonator. I've heard otherwise though.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    It goes:
    Exhaust manifold>y-pipe>catalytic converter>split>mufflers>tips

This is what I was reading that confused me

gvyvyvy.png

That does not appear to be my post or even my writing style - I've done CORSA exhausts on 4 Sevilles now and I have a very clear picture of what's what - as in: Flex joint, cat, resonator, Y, 2 mufflers, 2 tips.

Maybe it's in an old thread about the setup on a different car ???? Beats me. (If it IS my post, it's wrong !)

Here's my car - you can just see the bottom of the resonator toward the front of the system - the shiny thingy in front of the crossbar hanger.

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k

any 19yr old who wants to buy a caddy deserves some slack. he could be putting a fart can on a honda. but he is not.
    vincentm and vincentm like this.

Wut ???

What slack ??? He's asking about the order of things in the exhaust system ................. so he can go to Magnaflows ........... the post he found is from 2007 and has nothing to do with "slack" !

I'm trying to find the thread it came from because if it refers to his SLS it's wrong-o ! His post is a screen shot, not a bump, so it will take time to find the original old thread.

EDIT: I've found 4 threads from 2006 - 2007, talking about CORSA installs - and the info from all members (me included) is correct on the order of system parts - When I find that ^^^ one I'll edit it if necessary.

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k
    Many cars have muffs and resonators. I have seen the rearmost can referred too as a resonator on some cars. On some SUVs they call them spark arresters. Friends navigator has several sequential similar sized cans on his rig

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    I'm trying to find the thread it came from because if it refers to his SLS it's wrong-o ! His post is a screen shot, not a bump, so it will take time to find the original old thread
    this is the post I was reading sub.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ill-quiet.html

Thanks - Yep, my bad ........... and I said that AFTER I had done my own CORSA !!! Check the date on the pic - from my old Kodak point & shoot antique digital.

(They say the mind is the second thing to go ..................)

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Oddly enough, the mufflers (33 & 37) and resonator (26) are shown, but not listed in the part detail.
    http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/Page_Pro...033&SortKey=66

Wasn't that phony dual system available from GM ONLY as a complete piece - flange to tips ?? (Which is why the thing cost $1200++ ?).......... no clamps in there - it was all welded.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.