98 STS windows, Locks and heated seats wont work
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 98 STS windows, Locks and heated seats wont work in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello I have a 1998 Cadillac Seville STS, 124,XXX miles on it and now, all of the passenger windows (drivers ...
    DLewis2130 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Seville STS 1990 Cadillac Sedan Deville

98 STS windows, Locks and heated seats wont work

Hello I have a 1998 Cadillac Seville STS, 124,XXX miles on it and now, all of the passenger windows (drivers door is fully functional except the door locks), all of the power door locks, all 4 heated seats & the passenger side rear view mirror all of a sudden stopped working, I did a little bit of research online and found that it could be a faulty splice under the drivers seat which could corrode and prevent the door modules on the passenger doors from working, the splices under my seat were shot so i cleaned the wires and fixed the splices but now, when i hit the window or lock button all i get is a click form the door that i'm accessing, anyone know what could be causing this, the weather been so nice down here i Want to let the sunroof back and all the windows down but i constantly have to run the a/c because of this problem, please help. BTW, I've checked all the fuses and all of them are in pretty good condition.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 98 STS windows, Locks and heated seats wont work!! Please Help!!!!

Start by pulling the DTC's.

At first I was pulling these codes-U1163, U1016, B1652 & P0603 Before I redid the splice. I checked it a few minutes ago and now those codes don't show up anymore but now i get these codes - RSS C1710, C1736, C1738, C1782, ABS C1252 & IPM B1341 History, and I just realized that my telescoping steering wheel doesn't work either, does anyone know where I could find out what these codes mean, i know the car is in pretty good condition and the codes mentioned up above are the only ones that popped up, everything else is clear of codes, Please help because I love this car even though it is a 15 yr old car it is a very nice car, very powerful and fast, and hate to let this electrical problem be the thorn in the lions foot.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Go up to the DTC Sticky at the top of the forum page. Use the OBDII link to get the code definitions. Post them along with your codes.

netjr5555 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 seville sts

I also have a 99 Seville STS with almost the same problems. All 3 passenger windows don't work. Power locks don't work except for driver's door and passenger side mirror doesn't work. I have 3 codes U1161 (loss of PASS Door Module SBI) U1162 (loss of Rear Drivers Door Module SBI) U1163 (loss of Rear PASS Door Module SBI). Car is in exceptional shape besides these electrical problems which I suspect are related. Should I check splices under driver's seat first? Does this supposedly fix door locks and windows or just door locks?

@netjr5555 it controls all passenger door operations I.e. windows, locks etc. Because all passenger doors get thier power from the drivers door and if that splice has disconnected or corroded, the other doors wont get any power. After I fixed the splice, I began getting power back to my passenger doors, but I may need a new relay for the fuse box under my back seat because all I am getting now is clicks from the window that I'm trying to roll up, but the locks, heated seats, passenger rear view, & steering wheel is now working. This evening I unplugged the battery and let it sit for 30 min. To reset the computer, When I plugged it back up all of the above worked, tomorrow I'm going to get new relays for the windows because I may have blown them in the process of redoing the splice being that I didn't unplug the battery while doing it. I will post again tomorrow to let you know if that was the problem & also let you know exactly where the splice is.

Thank you DLewis2130!

you're welcome @ netjr5555 and as I thought, I indeed had blown the relay. I got a new one yesterday and everything now works. If you decide to fix the splice, Look for two tan and white wires and two orange wires, the splices will be wrapped in black tape on each set of wires. the following link will show you how the splice looks but the car in the video is a bonneville but it has the same layout, hope this helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNsJV3Yz-EE btw i didnt have to take out my seat i just removed the vent cover from the a/c under the drivers seat and pulled the carpet back.

Thank you DLewis2130! I will fix the splices this weekend and let you know how it comes out.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! DLewis2130 is the man! I fixed the 2 splices under the drivers seat and everything works! All the windows work. All the door locks work and the power mirrors work. So happy!

meyers233 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Can anyone help me find the splices under my drivers seat? Vent cover? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Good afternoon,
    Your CF account is activated. Please update your profile to show correct information and time zone.
    Do you drive a 1998 STS ?
    CF Staff

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.