1993 Eldorado key fob
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By capttut1
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 1993 Eldorado key fob in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I havent been able to figure out how to program a replacement key fob for my car. When I program ...
    Tankboy40 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 ETC (N* 120k)

Exclamation 1993 Eldorado key fob

I havent been able to figure out how to program a replacement key fob for my car.

When I program the new one, will the old one still work? i.e. I have one that works currently, and another one but it isnt programmed to my car

Help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Courtesy of N* Caddy:

.....Memorize this:
    FAN SPEED UP = YES
    FAN SPEED DOWN = NO
    OFF=CANCEL
    PASSENGER WARMER=INCREMENT
    PASSENGER COOLER=DECREMENT
    To skip a menu and go to the next one you press NO.
    To access a menu you press YES.
    To exit a menu you press CANCEL.

Now the procedure:
    1. Press OFF & Passanger WARM (CANCEL+INCREMENT) buttons for about 3 seconds to access the diagnose menu (see the sticky for picture). The whole dash will light up, that is a sign you enter in the diagnose menu and is called “bulb test” (well you got the idea).
    2. The codes will start scrolling (ideally you see PCM NO CODES, IPC NO CODES&hellip, you can wait to finish or you can press NO to skip to the module menu.
    3. Either way you go on no 2, you will be prompted PCM? It basically asks you (Do you want to access the PCM menu?). Your focus is RFA so press NO.
    4. Keep pressing NO until you see RFA? (should be ~9 modules later depending on options).
    5. When prompted RFA? press YES (as in yes enter into the RFA menu)
    6. You will be prompted RFA CODES?, you don’t need that press NO until prompted RFA OVERRIDE?
    7. RFA S00 NO OVRD is displayed, press YES.
    8. RFA S01 PROGRAM FOB#1 is displayed press YES. IPC will display 0 on the trip odometer display , press INCREMENT until 99 is displayed. Now the system is ready to program the remote.
    9. Press and HOLD TRUNK release button on the no 1 transmitter (it make no difference what transmitter you use, just remember the first one is set for driver 1, so you may as well match it with the remote number – no confusion this way).
    10. Within one second of pressing the TRUNK button press the LOCK doors button.
    11. Hold both buttons pressed for a total of 3 seconds (locks cycles when the programming is complete).
    12. You have 30 seconds after step 8 to program the remote, else start again from step 7.
    13. To program second remote press NO until RFA S02 PROGRAM FOB#2 is displayed (and repeat steps 8-12).
    14. To exit press CANCEL until the bulb test. While in bulb test press CANCEL again and you are out of the diagnose mode.

In time the key fob may become out of sync. To synchronize a key fob (that was already programmed) while in remote range to the car:
    1. Press and hold TRUNK release button.
    2. Within 1-second press LOCK doors button.
    3. Hold both buttons pressed for 7 seconds.

Re: 1993 Eldorado key fob

I appreciate that N*, but I dont have RFA codes listed, dont forget this is an OBD-I vehicle, so the available modules are different. RFA is not one of them.

capttut1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 seville sls

So would this procedure not work for a 94 Seville?

Thanks
    Tankboy40 likes this.

true, the above is NOT the correct procedure for our pre 96 caddis. your 94 (as well as my 93) use a single plug near the trunk lock mechanism. I'm gonna have to check my notes for the correct procedure.

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by Tankboy40 View Post
    true, the above is NOT the correct procedure for our pre 96 caddis. your 94 (as well as my 93) use a single plug near the trunk lock mechanism. I'm gonna have to check my notes for the correct procedure.
    -------------------------------------
    I don't remember the entire procedure -
    but grounding the wire near the trunk latch was the first step -

capttut1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 seville sls

Can anyone supply the procedure for programming the key fob for a 94 Seville

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.