replacing a 1998 eldorado oem catalytic converter with a 2000 eldorado oem cat?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By Mafiaman111
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, replacing a 1998 eldorado oem catalytic converter with a 2000 eldorado oem cat? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; got a po420 code..so im n the market for new o2 sensors & a cat replcment but the 98 & ...
    DrCellycel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Convertible Eldorado ETC

Lightbulbreplacing a 1998 eldorado oem catalytic converter with a 2000 eldorado oem cat?

got a po420 code..so im n the market for new o2 sensors & a cat replcment but the 98 & 99 oem catalytic converters r discontinued from the dealer but a 2000 oem
    eldorado cat is still avilable for 1200$ from the dealer..soo i asked the dealer would it fit?..sooo the dealer says it will fit but recommended against it ...citing potiential problems codes etc but he wasnt really specific & he was reluctant to go further n
    detail..im leaning towards gettn the 2000 eldorado oem cat to go on my 98
    eldorado in order to aviod buying aftermarket mess..sooo hey wat u think? advice would greatly appreciated guys!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tankboy40 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 ETC (N* 120k)

Re: replacing a 1998 eldorado oem catalytic converter with a 2000 eldorado oem cat?

Sometimes the code sets due to the O2 sensors readings being out of range, which does not mean you need a new converter or sensors....

Have you looked/listened for vacuum leaks?

A simple vacuum leak can cause that code, the O2 sensors being out of range and (if left for too long) damage to the Cat.

Just my $0.02

Mafiaman111 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville 159k

Re: replacing a 1998 eldorado oem catalytic converter with a 2000 eldorado oem cat?

I put a walker cat converter on my 98 eldo and the p0420 code never came back, so if you need to save money i would say a walker cat is a good choice in my opinion

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

I have a '99 Eldorado cat in my '97 Seville. The P# are different but that'a about all I can see as difference. Although the engines are identical between '97 and '99 for some reason the '99 Cat. P# is different than '98 and '97. 2000 however it does introduces the updated engine thus I don't know what to tell you.

DrCellycel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Convertible Eldorado ETC

il check for vacuum leaks & consider a walker cat perhaps & look further n to this issue 1200$ is alot of money thanks guys!!!!!

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.