Bose speakers - need fronts for 1996 ETC
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Bose speakers - need fronts for 1996 ETC in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Everyone, Where can I buy front speakers for My 1996 eldo . the r/f speaker sounds crackly., and how ...
    red hook tony is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 cadillac etc1996 buick roadmaster,1992 roadmaster, 1960

Bose speakers - need fronts for 1996 ETC

Hi Everyone, Where can I buy front speakers for My 1996 eldo . the r/f speaker sounds crackly., and how to remove door panels. Thanks, TONY.

----------

I made a mistake, I meant to write BOSE SPEAKERS. SORRY TONY.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: Bose speakers - need fronts for 1996 ETC

The speakers remove from inside the car.
    In the trunk if you remove that liner underneath the real shelf (it is removed by unscrewed the 4 very obvious black nut looking plastic clips) you only get to see the amplifiers (each speaker has its own amplifier) and the back of the speaker.
    To remove the speakers you need to:
    1. Remove the rear seat bottom cushion. Just position yourself behind each rear seat and shove the bottom seat cushion in (as you would push it in the trunk underneath the backrest) and pull up to release the one clip on each side of the car.
    2. Once the bottom cushion piece is removed you will see the 2 large bolts mounting the bottom of the rear seat back rest and the seat belts. You only need to loosen the nuts (1-2 turns); there is no need to remove completely
    3. Remember that trunk liner below the rear shelf, you have to remove it and in the upper corners locate 2 very long (2") screws with a M6 nut and a oversized washer each. Remove the nuts completely. Now the backrest is loose. Can be removed from inside the car by pulling the topside forward and lifting up.
    4. Now you have access to the rear shelf top cover inside the car. It is held in place with the very obvious 3 plastic Christmas tree style clips. Once the clips are out you have the option to remove one of the C pillar covers or just flex the cover just enough to slide it out (not too much will kink).
    5. Now you have access to the rear speakers, there are held by the 2 white plastic clips (each). Obviously you need to unhook the cable from the amplifier connector (inside the trunk) before removing a speaker.
    Any '92 - '97 Seville or '92-'02 6x9 BOSE speaker (with included amplifier) will work for you.
    Please be careful these cars had 2 very different (yet almost identical looking) sound systems: base and BOSE. Both the Base and BOSE rear speakers are 2x9, and is true the BOSE speaker does includes an amplifier. And even of the actual speaker (ignoring the amplifier) look the same between the 2 sound system, are NOT EVEN CLOSE compatible. You need to have the BOSE speaker if your sound system is BOSE.

red hook tony is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 cadillac etc1996 buick roadmaster,1992 roadmaster, 1960

Thanks N *CADDY, I am looking to replace the right front door speaker and how to remove the door panel , TONY.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

The door speakers for the Eldorado are removed by taking off the grill, use a flathead screw drivers, but be carefull this is 17yr old plastic, and wedge it off from the bottom first.

You'll need to replace them with Bose only, no other speakrs at 4" are 2ohm and will have the mounting pattern as them,

For the door panel removal:
    1. Switch plates.
    2. One screw through switch plate opening.
    3. Insert flat bladed tool between upper rear corner of carpet attached to door trim panel. Disengage fastener and fold back carpet.
    4. Screw under carpet.
    5. Lift trim panel up and away from door to disengage hooks.
    Attached Images

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Oops...I'm too slow

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.