Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Bose speakers - need fronts for 1996 ETC in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Everyone, Where can I buy front speakers for My 1996 eldo . the r/f speaker sounds crackly., and how ...
The speakers remove from inside the car.
In the trunk if you remove that liner underneath the real shelf (it is removed by unscrewed the 4 very obvious black nut looking plastic clips) you only get to see the amplifiers (each speaker has its own amplifier) and the back of the speaker.
To remove the speakers you need to:
1. Remove the rear seat bottom cushion. Just position yourself behind each rear seat and shove the bottom seat cushion in (as you would push it in the trunk underneath the backrest) and pull up to release the one clip on each side of the car.
2. Once the bottom cushion piece is removed you will see the 2 large bolts mounting the bottom of the rear seat back rest and the seat belts. You only need to loosen the nuts (1-2 turns); there is no need to remove completely
3. Remember that trunk liner below the rear shelf, you have to remove it and in the upper corners locate 2 very long (2") screws with a M6 nut and a oversized washer each. Remove the nuts completely. Now the backrest is loose. Can be removed from inside the car by pulling the topside forward and lifting up.
4. Now you have access to the rear shelf top cover inside the car. It is held in place with the very obvious 3 plastic Christmas tree style clips. Once the clips are out you have the option to remove one of the C pillar covers or just flex the cover just enough to slide it out (not too much will kink).
5. Now you have access to the rear speakers, there are held by the 2 white plastic clips (each). Obviously you need to unhook the cable from the amplifier connector (inside the trunk) before removing a speaker.
Any '92 - '97 Seville or '92-'02 6x9 BOSE speaker (with included amplifier) will work for you.
Please be careful these cars had 2 very different (yet almost identical looking) sound systems: base and BOSE. Both the Base and BOSE rear speakers are 2x9, and is true the BOSE speaker does includes an amplifier. And even of the actual speaker (ignoring the amplifier) look the same between the 2 sound system, are NOT EVEN CLOSE compatible. You need to have the BOSE speaker if your sound system is BOSE.