2000 STS no way to get into trunk
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Littlehus 03 SLS
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2000 STS no way to get into trunk in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey folks, I have a problem on multiple levels... A while back I had multiple electrical components quit working - ...
    Bimmster20 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS Sable Black

2000 STS no way to get into trunk

Hey folks, I have a problem on multiple levels...

A while back I had multiple electrical components quit working - windows, door locks, trunk and fuel door releases, homelink, interior lights. Basically everything tied to the valet switch, and possibly a couple additional items. I have also had issues with the passenger air mix door being all over the map temperature wise, and have replaced it with some iffy results. Finally the load leveling system doesn't compensate for additional weight in the car. The compressor was shot and I replaced it and the corresponding fuse, but still no joy.

Here's where the "multiple levels" come into play. I went to open the fuel door through the trunk and ran into a bit of a problem. The trunk lock is MIA. All I have is a hole where it should be. Makes it kind of tough to get fuel in the tank

If I didn't have the electrical issues to tackle, I could live without the trunk for a bit. Petroleum distillates on the other hand...

So I really have two questions. First, any ideas how to get into the trunk and second, could the leveling system, air mix doors and all of the malfunctioning "valet switch" functions all be tied into a module (ie the rear integration module)? I can't pull codes right now, as the car isn't here right now. We typically store it during the winter.

Any ideas for getting into the trunk would be GREATLY appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Electrical is NOT my thing, but have you tried opening the fuel door with your FOB? At least you can put gas in it for the time being, if that works.

Re: 2000 STS no way to get into trunk

I should also tell you that we generally store the car winters, so it hasn't been out of the garage for about a month. It's nice out today, so my wife took the car out, which is also why I didn't post codes. It's not here. However, the homelink has begun to work on its own again, but all else is still kaput.

----------

No luck with the FOB for anything... locks, fuel door or trunk. One thing that did occur to me is that I did disconnect the valet switch to replace the air mix door, so I will check that as soon as I can. However, if I understand correctly (and that's pretty iffy most days) then the homelink wouldn't work either.

wheelman1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1981 seville

can you take the back seat out and get to the trunk release or lock.long arm.long screw driver.used to work on the old cars..

can you take the back seat out and get to the trunk release or lock.long arm.long screw driver.used to work on the old cars.

Not sure... is there a way to take the seat back out without getting into the trunk first? I haven't checked for sure, but I was under the imp[ression that I would need to get into the trunk to take out the seat. I would sure love it if someone proved me wrong though

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Not sure on your model. My PA the seat comes out from inside, no nuts or fasteners from trunk side. I'm sure someone can chime in on if it's bolted into trunk or not.

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 02 DHS, 03 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmster20 View Post

Not sure... is there a way to take the seat back out without getting into the trunk first? I haven't checked for sure, but I was under the imp[ression that I would need to get into the trunk to take out the seat. I would sure love it if someone proved me wrong though
    --------------
    the back of the rear seat is removed from inside the car -
    you have to unbolt the seat belts at the bottom -
    then there are 4 clips across the top that must be released -

Littlehus 03 SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville SLS, 64 Olds 442 Convertible

I don't know if the model years are the same-I had a issuse with the Key Fob/Truck release buttons on the remote and inside the car all quitting at once. After getting the "you valet swich is on" message along with some others help (the switch wasn't on, but apparently MANY people make the mistake of hitting it not knowing what they have done until they can't get to the gas cap or into the truck) I discovered there are several fuses under the rear seat for both functions. All fuses checked out. I moved onto checking the valet switch itself, and it had no power. Then I found this post:"Parasitic draw....by BrokenKnucklez" and in that post "http://bbbind.com/tech_database.html". This database is incredible. Here after much searching I found that fuse number #1, a 10 amp fuse powers the valet switch and it is under the hood in that fuse box. I think it's called ALDS. Anyway, that fuse was blown and when I replaced it all was well in my world again. Search my posts (I posted several times about this issue hoping to get lucky) for the locations of the fuses and relays to check under the back seat.
    ahmaduhhs and ahmaduhhs like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.