2nd Cadillac, delivery tomorrow! - 2001 STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2nd Cadillac, delivery tomorrow! - 2001 STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well, I haven't been here in awhile! Last year I bought a 1999 fully loaded SLS (exc. Nav) for $1,450. ...
    carkingkm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Seville SLS (Sold) - 2001 Seville STS (Current)

2nd Cadillac, delivery tomorrow! - 2001 STS

Well, I haven't been here in awhile! Last year I bought a 1999 fully loaded SLS (exc. Nav) for $1,450. Turned out to be a great car, but only lasted 8 months. After 8 months of heavy use and abuse (1.5k mi/ week at times), and lack of proper maintenance, the motor and transmission gave out at the exact same time. I was SO mad at GM, my excuse being that at 120k the 2 major components should not be junk... but really, with proper care and attn, it could have lasted longer.

After owning 5 different vehicles since July of this year- (when I sold it), searching for the right one, I realized the Seville is really the only vehicle on the road where you get true value in the used-car market. It's an attractive, large, comfortable, extremely powerful, and luxurious vehicle and the depreciation on them was insane- good for people like me, haha. Taking MoistCabbage's initial advice "Keep in mind that you'll be paying the repair and maintenance bills of a $50,000 car, not a $1,450 one." into account, I was in search for another one.

As picky as I am, and on a budget, I searched for another one for about a month. Finally, I found a 2001 STS and I fell in love. White pearl, loaded exc. nav, perfect shape. Not a dent, scratch, tear in the leather. Mechanically perfect, one issue- gas gauge is finiky, as with most I've found. Must be a common issue.

Best part? $2,200 including delivery to my front step.

Taking delivery tomorrow morning! So excited!

Wish me luck, guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2nd Cadillac, delivery tomorrow! - 2001 STS

Goodonya ..................

..............fuel pump/gas gauge module in RockAuto. Airtex is a re-boxed DELPHI UltraPower OEM assembly - you change it through the hatch in the trunk floor.

Go back and study the entire Cadillac Technical Archive up ^^^ in the black bar.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Great price for what sounds like a very nice car. I do hope you had someone perform a block test. How far is the car from you?

carkingkm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Seville SLS (Sold) - 2001 Seville STS (Current)

Re: 2nd Cadillac, delivery tomorrow! - 2001 STS

I have not had a block test done, although when I take it in for a post-purchase fluid change/tune up, and probably have the gas gauge done, that's something I'll have my mechanic do- as a "peace of mind" kind of thing. It's an hour and a half to 2 hours away, so I figure if it has a HG issue, after a 90mi drive the symptoms should be visible!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.