1994 SLS: Dashboard lights work, but speedometer & all other dash & digital doesn't
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By LittleNo
  • 2 Post By scott f
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 1994 SLS: Dashboard lights work, but speedometer & all other dash & digital doesn't in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just bought this 1994 Cadillac SLS that is obviously hurt for some passionate TLC. The main problem here is ...
    hurtcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sls

1994 SLS: Dashboard lights work, but speedometer & all other dash & digital doesn't

I just bought this 1994 Cadillac SLS that is obviously hurt for some passionate TLC.
    The main problem here is that my gauges don't work. Any of them. the speedometer, RPM and gas gauge light up but nothing happens.
    The digital read outs on both sides. don't work ether.
    Also the radio does not work. Not sure if this is unrelated or not.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am on a pick-a-part budget here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LittleNo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

Re: 1994 SLS: Dashboard lights work, but speedometer & all other dash & digital doesn

Check the ignition supply voltage at the connectors of the cluster. At C2 Pin A2 brown wire and C1 Pin C13 pink wire.

Also check the ground at C1 pin C16 and C2 Pin A5 black/white wire
    hurtcaddy and hurtcaddy like this.

scott f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS/ 1994 STS

Re: 1994 SLS: Dashboard lights work, but speedometer & all other dash & digital doesn

does it start? Are you able to obtain any codes? Is the battery any good?
    hurtcaddy and hurtcaddy like this.

hurtcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sls

Quote Originally Posted by LittleNo View Post
    Check the ignition supply voltage at the connectors of the cluster. At C2 Pin A2 brown wire and C1 Pin C13 pink wire.

Thank you very much for your help. I have one more question about your answer. Can you give me an idea of how I would check that? I am not familiar with it, or a link to where I can see it explained.
    Once again, thank you very much for your help.[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

Quote Originally Posted by scott f View Post
    does it start? Are you able to obtain any codes? Is the battery any good?
    ----------

Everything else seems to be fine. The car starts and runs great. I just don't know when I will run out of gas and how fast I'm going. I am also missing out on some of the great features of this car. Lol
    It does have a check engine light on. I have not got a chance to check them being that I bought the car 7 hours ago and it's still dark here. Sun should be up soon.

LittleNo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

Originally Posted by LittleNoCheck the ignition supply voltage at the connectors of the cluster. At C2 Pin A2 brown wire and C1 Pin C13 pink wire.

Thank you very much for your help. I have one more question about your answer. Can you give me an idea of how I would check that? I am not familiar with it, or a link to where I can see it explained.
    Once again, thank you very much for your help
    You need to remove the instrument cluster from the dashboard to get access to it's electrical connectors at the back. Then you measure voltages/continuity as I said before.

However, if you don't understand how to use a multimeter, you better let the job do someone who does. There are not so many reasons for your problem, but without any knowledge it's getting a bit hard, may be too hard.

fbat Guest

Im having the same problem with the 94 deville i just bought, spedometer lights turn on but no information input to them so i have no idea how fast im going

oneyoungjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 deville
    I have a 98 deville having same issues except my climate control and my gas mileage I can read other than that the whole panel is blank. I would love to know what you come up with on how to fix the problem or if I find out I'll be more than happy to let you know. For me though up to this point it's been more than irritating trying to figure it out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.