98 seville dex-cool radiator flush and GM tablets
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 98 seville dex-cool radiator flush and GM tablets in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hello-im new to the forum and id like to save some money doing some maitenance work on my own..i just ...
    fastseville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 seville sts
    hello-im new to the forum and id like to save some money doing some maitenance work on my own..i just purchased the sts and i know one of the first things to replace is the coolant with 50/50 dex-cool...can someone tell me how difficult it might be ?: hmm:

im changing the coolant on my 98 sts this weekend..is it really that important to add thee GM pellets in the lower hose ? Im already adding 50/50 dex-cool...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Don't use the pellets. They tend to clog small coolant passages. GM doesn't even use them any more.

Re: GM Pellets

will do ...ive being trying to get a hold of you-to thank you for helping me fiqure out that problem i had starting my sts when warm-just as you predicted it was a faulty FPR now it turns at turn key -thnx again....

Re: 98 seville dex-cool radiator flush

well i found out the easiest way to drain the radiator is to remove the lower hose ...will it be a good idea to replace most of the hoses ?

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

Re: 98 seville dex-cool radiator flush

A 98 Seville should have a drain bolt on the bottom of the radiator. If you look closely on the bottom hose, you'll find that the "bottom" hose isn't exactly at the bottom. It's pretty straight forward.

Make sure your engine is cool!
    Remove the surge tank cap. Remove the drain bolt completely, coolant should start gushing out from it. If not, use some sort of thin tool to dislodge the clog.
    Completely remove the coolant from the radiator, then reinstall the drain bolt with hand. (The drain bolt is plastic and using tools might damage it. Hand tight is enough)
    You could remove your surge tank and give it a good washing with garden hose, but this part isn't necessary. You can do it if you want to. If not, that's okay.
    Remove your purge line. It's the 3/8 line that goes to the side of the surge tank. Also remove the hollow bolt attached to the other end of the surge tank, and give those a good cleaning with a thin tool. Reinstall the parts.
    Refill the surge tank to the FILL COLD line, which is about where the bottom clear half meets the top black half. Start the car with the cap off, then refill as the level goes down.
    Before the engine heats up, refill the surge tank to the fill cold line, then close the surge tank cap.
    Make sure no coolant is leaking from the drain area or the purge line.
    Go for a drive, give it a good warm-up, high rpm runs, then come back and cool off the engine.
    When it's cool again, open the surge tank cap and refill the coolant to the fill cold line.
    Close the cap, and watch the coolant level for a week. Top off to the fill cold line as necessary.

Re: 98 seville dex-cool radiator flush and GM tablets

yeah ill keep that in mind thnx..maeng9981...I will keep this thread updated on how it went in case another rookie has the same questions...

Re: 98 seville dex-cool radiator flush and GM tablets

Thnx-maeng9981 the radiator coolant replacement went smoothly. Thnx again...you rock!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.