2001 SLS. Need help with codes!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2001 SLS. Need help with codes! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i am searching for them i cant find anywhere with a list of all the codes these are what popped ...
    Gonjafishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4.6L 32V North*

2001 SLS. Need help with codes!

i am searching for them i cant find anywhere with a list of all the codes these are what popped up i have no warning lights on my dash i assume all is well but i just want to make sure.
    ABS C1288
    DDM B1328
    DDM U1713
    IRC U1016
    TTM u1016
    Also i did have my cps code come up but it went away i am going to change the crankshaft position sensor soon

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2001 SLS. Need help with codes!

Always add the suffix to each code - Current or History. It makes a difference.

U codes are voltage and data transmission hiccups.

This link is in the proper year sequence in the "How to pull codes" sticky ^^^^

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2.html

Gonjafishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4.6L 32V North*
    Woops they are all "history"

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2001 SLS. Need help with codes!

Your engine has two CranKshaft Position sensors (CKP) - an upper and a lower, B & A. Pictures in my albums. Not fun. CKP codes are P 0335, P 0336, P 0385, P 0386 plus a few circuit codes.

For codes and how it works ....... Suppose a fault is detected in CKP A - a code of P0335C sets. If the fault is a total CKP failure the engine defaults to "Limp Home" mode - fixed ignition timing, and you should get a SES light. BUT, if the fault is transient - a hiccup - then the code stays Current for 3 more ignition-run cycles even if the fault is not again detected. After 3 successful start-run cycles during which the fault does not appear the code changes to History, where it remains for 30 more start-run cycles, and if the fault does not appear during that time the code then self-clears from the memory. (Different modules have different numbers of checks necessary to self-clear codes from History)

During a normal commuter/shopping week you will start/stop the car about 25 - 30 times, so it's entirely possible that a non-critical code could set on Monday morning, go to History, and be gone by next Monday.

Many, many codes come and go like clouds - you get into a habit of "pulling codes" for no reason at all and you will go stir crazy trying to figure out where and why they all appear/disappear. I used to "pull codes" once a month and write them all in a log - after a year of that stupidity I quit. Haven't gotten into the system in over 2 years. No reason to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.