2001 SLS. Need help with codes!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2001 SLS. Need help with codes! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i am searching for them i cant find anywhere with a list of all the codes these are what popped ...
    Gonjafishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4.6L 32V North*

2001 SLS. Need help with codes!

i am searching for them i cant find anywhere with a list of all the codes these are what popped up i have no warning lights on my dash i assume all is well but i just want to make sure.
    ABS C1288
    DDM B1328
    DDM U1713
    IRC U1016
    TTM u1016
    Also i did have my cps code come up but it went away i am going to change the crankshaft position sensor soon

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS - 67,500 miles, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Re: 2001 SLS. Need help with codes!

Always add the suffix to each code - Current or History. It makes a difference.

U codes are voltage and data transmission hiccups.

This link is in the proper year sequence in the "How to pull codes" sticky ^^^^

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2.html

Gonjafishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4.6L 32V North*
    Woops they are all "history"

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS - 67,500 miles, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Re: 2001 SLS. Need help with codes!

Your engine has two CranKshaft Position sensors (CKP) - an upper and a lower, B & A. Pictures in my albums. Not fun. CKP codes are P 0335, P 0336, P 0385, P 0386 plus a few circuit codes.

For codes and how it works ....... Suppose a fault is detected in CKP A - a code of P0335C sets. If the fault is a total CKP failure the engine defaults to "Limp Home" mode - fixed ignition timing, and you should get a SES light. BUT, if the fault is transient - a hiccup - then the code stays Current for 3 more ignition-run cycles even if the fault is not again detected. After 3 successful start-run cycles during which the fault does not appear the code changes to History, where it remains for 30 more start-run cycles, and if the fault does not appear during that time the code then self-clears from the memory. (Different modules have different numbers of checks necessary to self-clear codes from History)

During a normal commuter/shopping week you will start/stop the car about 25 - 30 times, so it's entirely possible that a non-critical code could set on Monday morning, go to History, and be gone by next Monday.

Many, many codes come and go like clouds - you get into a habit of "pulling codes" for no reason at all and you will go stir crazy trying to figure out where and why they all appear/disappear. I used to "pull codes" once a month and write them all in a log - after a year of that stupidity I quit. Haven't gotten into the system in over 2 years. No reason to.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.