Cadillac Owners Forum banner

SLS / STS 2000+ highway vibrations

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Ranger 
#1 ·
i believe that these vibrations are caused from the wheel area specifically hub bearings and or rotors i replaced my front driver side bearing a couple months ago and that solved the problem for awhile now the vibration is back i dont want to drive above 105 km/h because its just a nuisance the floor vibrates and the steering wheel shakes slightly the car still steers immaculate. so my plan is to replace my passenger hub bearing take it in for a 4 wheel alignment get my tires rebalanced also i advise anyone if they havent replaced their upper and lower crankshaft position sensors yet they should do so i am in the process of it, it is also something i blame for vibration it also decreases your performance drastically your car will thank you! they are about 100 dollars each maybe cheaper on Ebay i buy locally though after all this is said and done i think it will ride as if new from the showroom i plan on doing the hub this weekend and possibly my sensors aswell

#2 ·
CKP's have nothing to do with the Northstar series of cars and front end vibration.They are the ignition and fuel injector triggers. If one CKP fails, the engine defaults to "limp home" mode with a fixed ignition timing of 10° BTDC: Performance suffers, but there should be no ignition miss. Replacing CKP's without a set DTC is throwing away money. CKP's for our cars (the new DENSO units made for AC Delco) are about $44 each in RockAuto. If you replace both CKP's you may need to have a GM dealer do a "CKP relearn procedure". Pictures of the new units in my albums.

Most of the different speed front end vibration problems have been cured by one or more of several methods: Hunter Road Force balance job; thorough cleaning of the hub face, both rotor mounting surfaces and the wheel mounting surface; thorough checks for tire roundness and/or tire/wheel runout problems. Some vehicles have had worn suspension problems, and that is contributory.

#5 ·
i don't think they fail that often but mine is not getting a good connection. i still need to look at it but my car has stalled before at slow speeds and once at a red light with a slight downgrade. i don't know if that would affect anything lol. and using my on board diagnostic i found a crankshaft position sensor connection i cleared them and it hasn't came up again so i assume it got wet or is not totally connected

----------

thanks :D yes i was suspecting motor mounts and the cradle i dont know why they didnt just use dogbones

#6 ·
i was suspecting motor mounts and the cradle i dont know why they didnt just use dogbones
Make your own...................

Google "cadillac forums seville deville engine torque strut rod install". You'll have to do some surfing, but it's all in the forums - look for variations on "Ranger's Rods".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.