SLS / STS 2000+ highway vibrations
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, SLS / STS 2000+ highway vibrations in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i believe that these vibrations are caused from the wheel area specifically hub bearings and or rotors i replaced my ...
    Gonjafishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4.6L 32V North*

SLS / STS 2000+ highway vibrations

i believe that these vibrations are caused from the wheel area specifically hub bearings and or rotors i replaced my front driver side bearing a couple months ago and that solved the problem for awhile now the vibration is back i dont want to drive above 105 km/h because its just a nuisance the floor vibrates and the steering wheel shakes slightly the car still steers immaculate. so my plan is to replace my passenger hub bearing take it in for a 4 wheel alignment get my tires rebalanced also i advise anyone if they havent replaced their upper and lower crankshaft position sensors yet they should do so i am in the process of it, it is also something i blame for vibration it also decreases your performance drastically your car will thank you! they are about 100 dollars each maybe cheaper on Ebay i buy locally though after all this is said and done i think it will ride as if new from the showroom i plan on doing the hub this weekend and possibly my sensors aswell

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: SLS / STS 2000+ highway vibrations

CKP's have nothing to do with the Northstar series of cars and front end vibration.They are the ignition and fuel injector triggers. If one CKP fails, the engine defaults to "limp home" mode with a fixed ignition timing of 10° BTDC: Performance suffers, but there should be no ignition miss. Replacing CKP's without a set DTC is throwing away money. CKP's for our cars (the new DENSO units made for AC Delco) are about $44 each in RockAuto. If you replace both CKP's you may need to have a GM dealer do a "CKP relearn procedure". Pictures of the new units in my albums.

Most of the different speed front end vibration problems have been cured by one or more of several methods: Hunter Road Force balance job; thorough cleaning of the hub face, both rotor mounting surfaces and the wheel mounting surface; thorough checks for tire roundness and/or tire/wheel runout problems. Some vehicles have had worn suspension problems, and that is contributory.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Don't overlook the front motor mount for the cause of the vibration.

I just replaced both CKP sensors for $77.

Don't overlook the front motor mount for the cause of the vibration.

I just replaced both CKP sensors for $77.

P.S.

Gonjafishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Seville SLS 4.6L 32V North*

i don't think they fail that often but mine is not getting a good connection. i still need to look at it but my car has stalled before at slow speeds and once at a red light with a slight downgrade. i don't know if that would affect anything lol. and using my on board diagnostic i found a crankshaft position sensor connection i cleared them and it hasn't came up again so i assume it got wet or is not totally connected

----------

thanks yes i was suspecting motor mounts and the cradle i dont know why they didnt just use dogbones

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Gonjafishing View Post
    i was suspecting motor mounts and the cradle i dont know why they didnt just use dogbones
    Make your own...................

Google "cadillac forums seville deville engine torque strut rod install". You'll have to do some surfing, but it's all in the forums - look for variations on "Ranger's Rods".

Here ya go. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...northstar.html

GM had a bad supplier of CKP sensors from 2000-2003. Virtually all of those fail.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.