Need Help with a code C0584 on a F55 suspension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Need Help with a code C0584 on a F55 suspension in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok my 2002 STS keeps setting a code of C0584. Now to start with I had about 15 differant codes ...
    rocketvette95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 Cadillac Seville STS with FE3,F55

Need Help with a code C0584 on a F55 suspension

Ok my 2002 STS keeps setting a code of C0584. Now to start with I had about 15 differant codes and most of them were to the EBTCM. I replaced the EBTCM and now all of the codes are gone except this C0584. So I went to ALLDATA found the test for this code,found out it is for the left rear RSS sensor, and it is not really any help. So I went and switched the sensors from right to left just to see if the code would switch sides. After a short drive came home tested it again and still have the same C0584 it did not switch sides.
    So from what I have read I think what has happned is the RSS has gone into the Soft ride defalt. Does anyone know of anything else that could be the problem. I have priced the rear shock and retail from a dealer is $1008. for a SHOCK. So I have called a few of the local salvage yards and when I tell the I need the rear shock for a 2002 Seville with the FE3 and the F55 suspension they think I am crazy! I even called Cadillac Heaven and he told me he had never heard of the F55 option code.I have been on Ebay with no luck.
    Do you guys thing I am in the right area. DOES ANYONE KNOW A YARD OR A SOURCE TO FIND THESE VERY RARE SHOCKS?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Need Help with a code C0584 on a F55 suspension

Talk to Chris in Parts at Rippy Cadillac over there >>>>

RockAuto lists the F55 shocks (in the "original ride quality") for your car at about $650.

The F55 struts and shocks are tough - and hardly ever fail...............

C 0584 refers to the Right Front solenoid circuit Open - check your strut, electrical connector, wiring harness. ALLDATA's DTC links group several C codes, including this one, into the FRONT STRUT diagnostics.

Use this for handy reference - bookmark it..............

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2.html

rocketvette95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 Cadillac Seville STS with FE3,F55

Re: Need Help with a code C0584 on a F55 suspension

Submariner409,as bad as I hate to do it,I made a BIG BIG mistake. For some reason I keep thinking it was a left rear shock code. Man i feel like a dumb a$$. So I will start over and see where I end up

Thanks
    Again

----------

Well Me being the moron that I am fiqured out the problem. If I would have pulled the wheel and found the strut unplugged. The worst part is I changed the oil yesterday and caught myself looking at the front end for any issuses,maybe this is why I dont turn wrenches for a living.
    Now this car rides and drives like it is suppose to
    Again Thanks to Sub409

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.