1996 eldo traction control update
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 1996 eldo traction control update in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; car starts off in second gear, no ABS brake, code was tcoo27(l/f wheel speed sensor continuety fault. I bnought an ...
    red hook tony is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 cadillac etc1996 buick roadmaster,1992 roadmaster, 1960

1996 eldo traction control update

car starts off in second gear, no ABS brake, code was tcoo27(l/f wheel speed sensor continuety fault. I bnought an ebtcm from a salvage yard from a 96 seville.I now have first gear back, tcoo27 went into history, but new code apeared, (to73) now current, pcm- ebtcm/ ebcm pulse width modulation signal fault, i dont know what that means? Do I have to get this code scanned out by the dealer? I just replaced the ebtcm, not the block with the brake lines attached and the abs motor, any info, thanks Tony.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 1996 eldo traction control update

car starts off in second gear, no ABS brake, code was tcoo27(l/f wheel speed sensor continuety fault.
    That all points to a bad wheels speed sensor in the hub & bearing assembly. Why did you replace the EBTCM?

Hi Ranger, I failed to mention, I did replace the l/front wheel hub assy first and nothing changed, and I checked the speed sensor connection, that seems to be ok. when I changed the ebtcm thats when first gear came back, should I have changed the brake line block also?. Thanks Tony.

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Was the ebctm the same part number?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by red hook tony View Post
    Hi Ranger, I failed to mention, I did replace the l/front wheel hub assy first and nothing changed, and I checked the speed sensor connection, that seems to be ok. when I changed the ebtcm thats when first gear came back, should I have changed the brake line block also?. Thanks Tony.

Thanks for your quick responce, I read on this forum that there is an early dated module and a later version, and the later version was prefered by vin# of the vehicle , this is the first time anyone mentioned a part # but if that is needed I will try to find it, Thanks Tony.

Mafiaman111 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Eldorado 173000 miles Black on Black

i just changed my abs assembly last night, the pump part does not have to match the old one by the numbers

Thanks Mafiaman111, I did not think so, THANKS fof Your help. Tony

new update. as I mentioned earlier I in stalled just the ebtcm module, not the whole assy(anti lock braking pump). My only code is now tcoo27 and tcoo73 is now in history. that current code tcoo27 is the code that I started with, this is a unit I bought at the salvage yard not sure if it also defective? does anyone the code for a defective ABS ANTILOCK BRAKING PUMP, how would you know if the pump is bad? I did notice a throttling effect from the brake pedal when I stopped the car, shortly after that the abs and traction control lights showed up on my dash. also my codes are obd 1 codes, maybe I need an ebtcm from a 1995 eldo only? my ebtcm part# is 25633191. THANKS FOR ANY INFO TONY. I did have Ist gear and abs brakes for about 20 minutes and it felt soooooo good.

your new pump could possibly be bad, why not take it on some grass and test the traction control and anti lock brakes that maybe all it needs to break the motor free or best yet use a code reader to clear the codes while driving and get the traction control and abs to engage and see if it breaks it free, sadly that last part did not help my abs pump at all but worth a try, also when i put my pump in last Friday the pump stalled when i started the car and the traction control and abs lights flashed and car had trouble staying alive but the lucky the motor moved and now i have first gear back and all lights are out

all that has to match on the computer part is the first line of numbers and the big letter beside it and the motor part does not have to match BUT i did find that Delphi and Bosch made pumps for Cadillacs so you have to pare a Bosch to a Bosch and a Delphi to a Delphi

that is the computer part and that is the only part that has to match EXACTLY
    Attached Images

Thanks MAFIAMAN 111 for the detailed picture of the module #, My car is equiped with the bosch unit.How hard was it to change the abs block with the brake lines, was it an extensive bleeding process,would I be able to just use the brake pedal to bleed the brakes. As of now all I changed was the ebtcm module, same as the pic you showed me and that part did not change anything. Just to recap my original code was tc0027
    wich I still have.I also changed awile back the l/f wheel hub assy. Soo now I am goinh tp change the abs pump assy.How did you determine the abs pump was defective I am not sure if you could feel the motor running when the abs and traction control lights go off on your dash, Does the abs motor have to be running to get first gear back? As you know I am working with salvage yard parts, I am not sure if there ok.If the pump in my car now is stuck Do you think by tapping on it will it free it up. I will wait for your reply. Thanks Tony

I determined my abs pump was bad because i keep getting TCS 1243 BPMV Stalled, so i took the car out one day with a code scanner hooked up i would clear the code and active traction control it worked but once i was done spinning lights all came back cleared it again and tried to active the anti lock brakes nothing code came back with the lights, tested first gear not there and Changing the Abs Pump Part was not hard at all, all you have to do is take the brake lines off but please be aware that the brake lines might be hard to get off and the last thing you want to do is strip the bolt just be patient with it or you could take the quick route and use some PB blaster and let it soak before you attempt the remove the lines also its is advised against using PB blaster because it could contaminate the brake system, then simply unbolt the 3 bolts that hold the unit in the car and pull the whole unit, then take the pump off the computer part reattach the pump and re install in the car, once installed bleed the devil out of the brakes and make sure your master cylinder does not go below half you will need about 2 quarts of brake fluid, The Proper Bleeding procedure Front right , Front Left, rear right, rear left once the brake pedal is at correct height or once you can no longer press it, start the car and see abs lights come on if so wait a minute for the car to test the abs pump if nothing take the car out and see if you can get the abs and traction control to engage if nothing still, your new pump is bad or you have an issue somewere else

I tried hitting my old pump with a hammer and did nothing, now trying to clear the codes and activating maybe enough to break that pump free if not it is TOAST, also with junkyard parts there hit or miss things i got my pump from a 1999 cadillac eldorado and worked but i got a cluster for a dodge neon and it had bad solder joints like the other one did

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by red hook tony
    Just to recap my original code was tc0027
    wich I still have.I also changed awile back the l/f wheel hub assy.
    Why are you concentrating on the pump, if the code is for the wheel speed sensor? What brand hub assembly did you use?

Thanks for Your response, Ibougt a TIMKEN part#513087 FROM AUTO ZONE. i BELIEVE THE HUB SHOULD HAVE AN OHM READING OF ABOUT 900 OHMS THE OLD HUB AND THE INSTALLED NEW HUB HAVE 900 OHMS, THATS THE OHM VALUE IT SHOULD BE ACORDING TO SOME POST ON OUR FORUM . THANKS TONY.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.