2000 Eldorado ETC with 12K miles
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2000 Eldorado ETC with 12K miles in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just inherited this vehicle last week. Garage kept, great looking Eldorado....thank you, Grandma. I have driven it 900 miles ...
    lt1yj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Eldorado ETC

2000 Eldorado ETC with 12K miles

I just inherited this vehicle last week. Garage kept, great looking Eldorado....thank you, Grandma. I have driven it 900 miles to bring home and have only identified a few issues that I would ask about:

1. Wiper fluid does not spray. I have not tried listening to or accessing the pump yet. I did disconnect the hose halfway and it was not pumping that far. I'll continue there, but any experiences would be helpful.

2. The driver side door window has acted up a couple of times, intermittently would not roll up after having rolled it down. I have not dug into that one yet. Again, thank you for any previous experiences.

3. Water in the trunk around the spare tire. Quite a bit of water. It has rained during much of the 900 miles I have added. I would like to know of any prime suspect areas that may have been mentioned before or any other known issues? I removed all the liners and only had one finding - what appears to be a drain coming from the radio antenna housing was open to the trunk. There was no sign of water in the line. I did find a small hole adjacent to the housing that is open to the area behind the right aft wheel; looked obvious, so I stuck the line from the antenna housing there. Hopefully that is a known problem and the only thing I'll have to deal with.

4. Only other item is the trim around the front of the passenger window. Looks like some glue or trim has melted and gooped it up pretty heavy. I'll be cleaning that, but don't know if I'll have to replace the entire seal or not.

Hopefully that is it. I am very pleased with the car and will get some pictures up soon. I've always wanted a Cadillac of some sort, so this is great to have one to clean up!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: 2000 Eldorado ETC with 12K miles

Welcome aboard! Lots of good information here and when you are board there is always the lounge!

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

if you are keeping the car -
    first thing you should get is the Factory Service Manual -
    don't even bother with anything else other than the FSM -
    they are much too generic and a total waste of money

the FSM is a 2 volume set - and YES - you need both volumes -
    check ebay

Great info, thanks. I'll start looking for the books.

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

Quote Originally Posted by lt1yj View Post
    Great info, thanks. I'll start looking for the books.
    Helm still has inventory of the SERVICE MANUAL set you need. New. The $200 price might be hard to swallow unless you are cozy with someone employed at GM parts counter. The generic term used around delaerships might be "shop manual".

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...ected%5Fmedia=

Good luck on eBay and remember used books are now as much as thirteen years old and they are printed on very light weight (thin) paper stock. The search term would be "Service Manual". The word "Factory" does not appear anywhere on the title page (at least not on the sets I have for three different GM vehicles).

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Washer probably needs a new pump would be my guess.

Water in the trunk is very common on the Eldo/Sevilles. It's usually the deck lid gasket, a body seam or a tail light seal. It's been discussed many times so there is a lot of info in the archives. Might even be a tutorial in the Tech Tips section.

Yaemish is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Seville, 04 SRX
    You need to replace the deck lid gasket. I had the window problem when the switch went bad. It eventually got stuck down at a toll booth in Buffalo. It was January and I was 4 hours from home. Just replace the switch now.

Ok, washer pump was $12 so I tried that with no help. (At least I have a spare now). I checked the wiring at the plug and have a good ground but no power to the pump. So it could be a bad wire or bad control switch, but without the schematic I'm hurting...would have to tear into the bundles. If someone can help me there I would appreciate it.

Is there an individual fuse for the washer fluid pump? The only one I found was the wiper fuse. Maybe it's that simple.

Following your advice I'll go with a window switch change and replace the deck seal.

Thank you all for the friendly welcome to the forum!!!

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Your Eldorado is pretty close to the Seville in the post-2000 cars - try this - it looks like the w/s wiper motor has something to do with the washer also............zoom in and print

Thank you for the schematic. There are definitely some differences though. Mine does not have an accy fuse like it shows. Big help was that it did point me to the wiper motor. I found continuity from the pump connector to pin D of the wiper motor plug....so the pump signal is going through there somehow. Control column switch or pump now. I'd like to finish this myself, but may get to needing the books.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

For instant gratification subscribe the car to www.alldatadiy.com for one or more years - the GM service manuals plus a LOT more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.