Track Day!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Track Day! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So. Signed up for Wide Open Wednesdays at Miller Motorsports Park. I'll be there tomorrow from roughly 5-8 PM, campaigning ...
    ksmay71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville SLS

Cool Track Day!

So. Signed up for Wide Open Wednesdays at Miller Motorsports Park. I'll be there tomorrow from roughly 5-8 PM, campaigning my bone-stock 2000 SLS. Any tips? Also, I will post video.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Track Day!

Good Luck !!! Looks like the weather in SLC will be just fine........... track fast (Which course ??)

Both East and West tracks will be open, I plan to run it on both once or twice. The link is here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=mille...h&z=16&iwloc=A

oops. Super long link.

I'm sure this will be one of the times I long for an STS, like I did Saturday at Bonneville. I didn't end up running my car because I knew it would only do 112.

Look up Wester's Garage in Canada. See if their price list includes work on the 2000 - 2004 GM FWD car PCM's yet. They used to do speed limiter removal.

Are you tight with a GM dealership shop tech ???? (My STS was an H car until ....... 2006.) Speed rating on the driver's door sticker....

S = 112
    H = 130
    W/Z = essentially unlimited - a FWD STS will get into the 150's until drag overcomes the engine/transmission.

You might want to check out your engine speed vs. vehicle speed ..........this table starts at 45 mph and assumes that TCC is engaged - with TCC disengaged - over about 1/2 - 2/3 throttle opening and 'spirited driving' - you can add 300 ERPM to any of those figures at a given mph.

cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int
    This is where the ranger rods and strut tower brace would come in hand....Looks like fun though!

eldorado_97 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS, W/Nav

So wait whats involved to remove the speed limiter sub? If i have access to a gm tech 2 does that lead me in the right direction?

I'm not a Tech-II guru. There's a sizable manual on its use - and that's the tool you need to get into SOME of the PCM memory.

One of our members, ajxtcman, has been involved in tuning all sorts of Cadillac PCM's - there currently is no "tune" for the 2000 - 2004 FWD PCM's, but he knows how to do the limiter work. He posts in the Discussions forum, Cadillac engines, on PCM Tuning. Try (maybe ??) www.pcmcalibrators.com or look for it in CF.

Hey Sub, is there a chart for 3rd gear? I'm just about to post videos, gotta upload to Youtube first. But I was thinking, if I can only get 3500 rpm at 130 I may be stuck there as far as power goes because it's not in the torque peak yet.

First lap, love the track official's commentary! He's obviously never driven a Caddy.

Second lap - I was the last one to run, the Supra (little dot about 2/3 through) ran off right before the official let me go. I got a lot more bossy with it this time, had a lot of fun! TC was on for both laps.

eldorado_97 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS, W/Nav

That was alot of fun to watch thanks for sharing!!!!

sts 03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 sts
    Yeah pretty cool,I think they only have drag strips around here, that looks more fun.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.