code P 0135 - 2002 Eldorado
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, code P 0135 - 2002 Eldorado in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Have 2002 Eldorado, #1496 Code po135 is present, 02sensor Heater Circuit Bank 1 sensor. Car has always stayed at the ...
    ELDO 02 #1496 ETC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Eldorado 02 ETC #1496

code P 0135 - 2002 Eldorado

Have 2002 Eldorado, #1496

Code po135 is present, 02sensor Heater Circuit Bank 1 sensor.

Car has always stayed at the 12 oclock on temp. gauge. Wants to move up towards 1 oclock, can above code cause this type of problem.

Thank
    You

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Re: code po 135

No, an O2 sensor failure will not cause a temperature rise. Start by checking the purge line to be sure it is clear and flows coolant.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: code P 0135 - 2002 Eldorado

When does the temp gauge needle "move" - under what conditions of car operation: traffic, idling, road speed, HVAC On or OFF ?

The gauge needle should move a bit to the right when in heavy traffic or simply sitting still, idling, with no A/C function set.

Take a look at the annotated temp gauge in my albums for how and when fans and thermostats work. Click my username, open the profile. Left column, 2 albums, 6 pages of FWD Northstar stuff and parts for your engine.

Re: code po 135

Thank you Ranger

It was great talking with you a couple of weeks ago, I had called and asked about the speed sensor, that was the first code that showed. I cleared the code and drove a little and now code 135 shows. Going to replace the 02 sensor on bank I. I have read other post inregards to replacing, but am not sure on how to tell if it is the one before the cat. or behind it?

I am not sure, but the temp. gauge rising to about 1 oclock could have been from using the HVAC, this is the first time I had used it. The temp. gauge would fall back to 12 oclock when moving on the open road.

Am new at posting, but plan on telling about my 2002 ETC on a later date.

Thanks for you response.

ELDO 1497

Thanks for you reply Submariner409.

I used the HVAC for the first time and will see if that could have caused the rise in temp. I also pulled up your annotated temp gauge, thanks. The caddy has never ran hot, with all the problems that others have had I keep a constant eye on that gauge.

Going to replace the 02 sensor, per reading previous posts bank one is on the left, farthest from the fire wall. How do you tell if it is the one before or after the Cat?

Again thanks for you input, I have been reading all the post for sometime now, but have never posted. Hope to post more about my Caddy later.

ELDO 1496

In the 2000 - 2004 Northstars there are 3 O2 sensors.

Left (front) bank exhaust manifold collector = B2S1 (plugs 2-4-6-8)
    Right (rear) bank exhaust manifold top = B1S1 (plugs 1-3-5-7)
    After-cat passenger side of pipe = B1S2

In the earlier models there is also a pre-cat sensor, so the right bank/exhaust numbering is B1S1, B1S2, B1S3.

If you really want to see what YOUR engine is doing in any 4 of 12 gauges at a time, take a look at a ScanGauge-II. The unit can also be programmed by you to show an additional 4 gauges, depending on just what your engine monitors (GM service manual info). The unit is also a code scanner and secondary fuel mileage computer. Two units may be daisy-chained and will display 8 gauges at one time. I use one and normally monitor intake air temp, coolant temp, ignition timing and MAP (inverse vacuum). www.scangauge.com

Using the HVAC should have no affect on engine temperature. It should stay at 12:00. Might want to check your purge line.

Checked the purge line, good flow, anti. nice and clean.

Car just turned 37000, all required maintance at milage intrevals has been performed. Never aboused!

Its so strange that the po135 popped up along with the temperature rise.

The fan kicks on at 226, temp rises alittle and then falls back down to just above 12 oclock, never used to move needle at all.

I wonder if maybe some other component might be triggering the 135?

As per reply form submariner 409, the sensor that I need to replace is on the left bank, before the converter? Only one sensor on the left bank?

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Your code is specifically for the heating circuit in the O2 sensor. Nothing else can cause the code.

Your temps are fine, and the fans are coming on when they should be (low speed ~224, high speed ~236). If you believe the engine is running hotter than it used to, check for dirt/leaves/debris buildup on the condenser, and check the condition of the water pump belt and tensioner.

One O2 sensor on each manifold and one after the CAT. Bank 1 is the right (firewall side) bank. Banks 2 is the left (radiator side) bank.

Quote Originally Posted by ELDO 02 #1496 ETC View Post
    As per reply from submariner 409, the sensor that I need to replace is on the left bank, before the converter? Only one sensor on the left bank?
    Post #6. Bank 1 is the right bank, cylinders 1-3-5-7, the bank closest to your feet, P 0135, heater circuit performance, Bank 1 Sensor 1.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.