'77 Seville In-Tank Fuel Pump Module replacement (complete) -- or "Go Fish" ???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, '77 Seville In-Tank Fuel Pump Module replacement (complete) -- or "Go Fish" ??? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm having a helluva time finding a COMPLETE In-Tank Fuel Pump Module that includes the Fuel Level Sensor, etc. so ...
    MAD JAX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '77 Seville (I like '67 - '75 Eldorados ; )

'77 Seville In-Tank Fuel Pump Module replacement (complete) -- or "Go Fish" ???

I'm having a helluva time finding a COMPLETE In-Tank Fuel Pump Module that includes the Fuel Level Sensor, etc. so I joined this forum to find some help...

I'm helping an old friend get his '77 Seville up 'n running that's been down nearly a decade, and have removed the tank for cleaning and sealing while I clean and replaced the fuel system lines and source replacements of BOTH Fuel Pumps (In-Tank and "Frame Mounted") as both are seized-up.

I'm hoping I don't have to try salvaging the Level Sensor Module that was in there, as it's pretty well corroded with rust, etc., for the presence of contaminated/stale fuel...the Fuel Level Sensor is apparently shorted to ground for indicating a perpetually "Full" tank.

Anyone know of a source for either N.O.S. parts or viable replacement parts?

Otherwise, the system operating pressure is 39 psi....surely there's a replacement pump available from another application that'd install directly and work at or about that pressure, or what do You know?

I've tried searching the forum to no-avail, but if there's a link or thread I've missed you know of please reply, your considerations would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Jack Gleason Mobile Automotive Diagnosis aka "MAD JAX"

"Impossible" is a degree of difficulty...set by imagination for lack of motivation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: '77 Seville In-Tank Fuel Pump Module replacement (complete) -- or "Go Fish" ???

Talk to Chris in parts at Rippy Cadillac over there >>> or up ^^^ in Vendors

Same for Luke at Lindsay Cadillac >>> or ^^^

Look at the pics by clicking on the icons in www.rockauto.com (if they have '77 parts)

MAD JAX & "Creating Jobs" ; )

Thanks for the leads, but both dealerships referred me elsewhere -- essentially saying "Go-Fish" -- to places leading where I already was...Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome unless you can find what you need "Used" for a reasonable price...and the latter sure isn't happening!

An In-Tank Pump Module using a similar analog sender that produces 37 - 44 psi. (with 3/8" Send, 5/16" Return, and 1/4" Vapor lines) that has what appears to be a standard Fuel Tank Sender opening, and -- even if I had to shorten or lengthen the lines and wiring -- it would work, one could eliminate the frame-rail pump altogether, and -- especially if that PN's application was really popular -- someone could probably make a mint selling them as replacements!

We could collaborate on this, market it from this websites "Classifieds", and contribute 15% of all sales-profits to the site...I'll provide the "Guinea Pig" for R&D, So, Who's "In" : ?

Re: MAD JAX & "Creating Jobs" ; )

I've got the Tank being douched 'n sealed, rebuilt the Frame Mounted Pump (and verified it's Operation), and aquired the In-Tank Pump "Sending Unit Module" from a '82 Seville to which I'll be mounting "Todays Exchange Application" of a '77 Seville In-Tank Fuel Pump...based on what diagnosis has been performed so-far, if the Injectors aren't clogged-up and the Fuel Pressure Regulator functions correctly it should start 'n run once I get it all back together.

Identify, define, improvise, adapt, overcome...I guess we'll see here quick!

WTF...just got a msg. from the Radiator Shop douchin' the Tank saying "Call me ASAP"...NOW what's up : ?

Re: '77 Seville In-Tank Fuel Pump Module replacement (complete) -- or "Go Fish" ???

Well it's been quite awhile since that job was completed ~ Just for Grins:

After getting the Tank douched 'n sealed, the Frame-Rail Pump Rebuilt, an '82 Seville "Complete in-tank pump-module" (with some minor modification(s) installed, ALL the injectors rebuilt, the pressure-regulator replaced, and the entire fuel-system back-flushed-clean ~ that Caddy fired-up and ran great!

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Better late than never! thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.