449K views 2K replies 623 participants last post by  pswanson13 
#1 ·
Post A Pic Of Your Caddy!

Here's mine!

Attachments

See less See more
#884 ·
Hey Mr. Bay,

Yes I was referring to the old wheels but if one of them needs refinishing it would be kind of a mute point. My car was WA8555 which is a flat black according to gm. I'm assuming its what was labeled as sable black. It has been named onyx and kalapana black among other names over GM's history. Glad to hear the moldings weren't too bad for you mine have been a pita. The original glue is the width of the moldings and seems to be taking all my fingernails as it comes off but there getting there. Unfortunatly upon removing my passengers side molding and glue I found that during some old body work someone re-sprayed the car with the molding in place after repairing the door so I now have a nice white strip of body filler on my passenger side front door until I can find a replacement molding.

Here are some new pictures from this past weekend - I'm still having trouble linking the photos directly to the sight it constantly gives me a url error.

http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/Stephen_Strout/slideshow/89 STS June 2014

#885 ·
My, My, My... She IS beautiful. That paint and wax looks incredible. You must have the Bose system, my stock setup was no Bose and featured a piece of polyester cloth over the front door speaker cover. Noticed yours is carpeted. Your molding tape looks just like mine did last week. High temperature heat gun will soften that adhesive right up. Maybe one of those DupliColor paint repair tubes will cover some of the missing paint. Don't see many 88/89 STS's on the Forum, glad to know my car has kin-folk.

Most Forum guest don't know that the 3rd Generation Seville(and companions)were the technological and cosmetic precursor to the Cadillac's they are driving today. It's okay, we know it!!

#886 · (Edited)
Thanks! The paint hadn't been waxed in over 3 years when I bought the car :banghead: - It's been a slow process bringing the shine back. Yes it originally came with a Bose system minus the head unit - previous owner did a bit of a hack job. So I pulled the Bose speakers and mini amps out and fabricated a set of 4" eclipse point source component speakers in there place using the original Bose housings. (added about 3/4" of MDF along the front of the Bose housing.The rear uses a set of 5 1/4" eclipse components on MDF plates in place of the factory 6x9's. There is a 4 channel alpine amp hidden in the trunk in the spare tire well and an eclipse head unit. I kept all the original Bose components if I ever need to convert the system back to OEM - would still need to track down a factory head unit however.

This was the front speaker replacement work - a few shots I had taken while I was doing the swap - nothing special, looking back it could have come out a bit cleaner - ended up having to use the black crossover covers as the original clear covers were bowed in the middle and wouldn't allow the compartment to close all the way.

http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/Stephen_Strout/slideshow/Bose Speaker Replacement

#887 ·
Sweet!! So, an Alpine in the spare tire bay, no over-heating issue? Reading the post here on the Forum totally scared me from adding aftermarket Amps. I'm with a Pioneer 1.5 Din HU, with an iPod module plugged into the rear auxiliary port. (iPod lives in the glove box). And JBL 6*9's and 51/4's. Over-heating amp??

#888 ·
No issues with it overheating but I did cut about half the spare tire cover away. 2 one foot by 6" strips as a precaution (glued a sheet of home radiator covering to the underside of the cover, from home depot, to provide support for stuff I toss in the trunk on occasions.) , I had picked up a spare cover from a local man's mall to play around with. The gain is set at under 50% so it doesn't get taxed all that much its an MRV-F340.

I ran a 1/8" aux jack into the center console - think you can see the wire in one of the seat pictures) and that's where my phone resides most of the time now.

#889 ·
I really am a fan of the low end bass, but I didn't want to disrespect the car with a SUB. When you described your setup with the separate components that gave me an idea. A couple of 51/4" component woofers in the back deck would do the job. I'm 50 yrs old now, 11" of woofer surface area is all I need. Plus a discreet place for a small name brand(low heat) amp. Good idea, 'STS'.....

#890 ·
The old High School ride.

My buddy and I worked on this in High School (2000) 1978 Custom Biarritz. Nearly 500,000 km. Rear wheel wells were crunchy. Interior was mint. This was my first exposure to big Caddies. This thing chucked a rod bearing eventually, and my pal moved across the country and the project was abandoned. I bought a 76 Riviera S/R afterwards. Good old days, I tell you.

#891 · (Edited)
She is beautiful! All of these are gorgeous! I don't have an Eldo, but I do have a Seville sls I didn't buy her new but used 7 years ago literally from a little ole lady with only 56k now she has 127k. I always wanted A Seville or Eldo. Being said I don't think the previous owner took the best care or the wrong care as there has been a few issues like water pump, radiator, hood lifters, trunk release assembly and key-less entry fobs. Biggest was the transmission I just replaced. Next is replacing a seal on the back side of the engine a very small oil leak and just this week an issue with the alternator "No Battery Charge" message that went away after sitting for two days waiting for my repair appointment. Alternator not charging the battery at first now it is? I didn't keep my appointment hopefully it's corrected itself and I won't be left stranded on the highway in 95 degree deep south heat!
She also needs a new paint job. Clear coat completely gone off the hood. If I win the lotto, lol I wouldn't mind buying the new CTS-V line (coupe, sedan or sports wagon) but like most things we all say they don't make em like they use too! OMG I sound like my parents lol See her in my album selfie took last year

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#899 ·
My '81 Diesel - it's an old pic, but it's stock anyhow. Been in the family since new, and just got another years' inspection last week. The bonus of the diesel - no emissions test in NY.
It's only got about 120k on it - I use my Monaro for a daily-driver. The only thing I'm thinking lately is to see if XLR 18x8's will fit vs. the original 15's.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Full-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Coupé

#905 ·
Re: I'm showing you my Eldo, now you show us yours (Sevilles too!) :)

Passing over Donner Summit while driving from San Francisco back to Fallon, NV on May 1, 2011, the day I bought it. The roof was an incorrect tan so I painted it white until I can replace it with the correct color brown. The car behaved really well on the way home.

View attachment 232242

Now that's a Cadillac. :worship:

#907 ·
Hello to everyone!

I'm new to the forum and I'm in the process of buying my first Caddy. And of course, it's going to be a '98 Eldorado with only 90K miles! I'm excited. Just finalizing the deal with the private seller.
I plan on customizing it...not LA gangsta style, just tastefully but HOT with carefully placed chrome
accessories. I've always wanted to do that but never had the right car to apply it to.
Interested in seeing other Ellys here in the forum.

Be cool!

#914 ·
Hi, Aaron. Thanks. :) No, the P-40 belongs to an acquaintance. I havn't flown it or flown in it but I would love to do that sometime.
Best,
Ron

----------

I love the bumper is it after market?? Or what make and year is it from
You mean the bumper on the car? It is the stock bumper for my 2002 Eldorado Collector Series ETC. Below is a full bumper/grill shot of the car posed with a different vintage aircraft which obviously is a bit more advanced than the P-40... :)
Best,
Ron