449K views 2K replies 623 participants last post by  pswanson13 
#1 ·
Post A Pic Of Your Caddy!

Here's mine!

Attachments

See less See more
#202 ·
Re: Post A Pic Of Your Caddy!

Thanks, dp. I used a citrus based paint remover to remove that matt finish from the interior of the rims. I think it browns slightly due to the brake dust, but barely noticeable with the extensive shine.

I also wanted to post this pic. I devised and fabricated a small integrated shelf just above the radio to hold an ipod and portable dvd player.

Attachments

#204 ·

I used a citrus based paint remover to remove that matt finish from the interior of the rims. I think it browns slightly due to the brake dust, but barely noticeable with the extensive shine.
I did the same thing with my rims, the same kind of rim too. If you're saying they're STILL brown from the dust, rub a little harder with a rag of some sort, with the help of a wheel cleaner. It'll eventually come off and look brand spankin' new! (Minus the silver paint accenting it) They really do look three times as shiney without that paint! :cool2:

#206 ·

Yeah, if you look at some of the Cadillac chrome rims, they aren't "all" chrome. In the accenting areas is silver paint. It's easy to see the difference between the silver paint, and the chrome. You can even rub your finger from the face of the rim, towards the back, and feel the change from smooth to rough. That rough, gray stuff is paint. Simply go out and buy some paint remover, and take it all off! :) But I STRONGLY suggest removing the wheel from the car, and moving it far, far away from the car while performing this. Be vigorous with the remover. Atleast for me, it didn't damage anything. I also suggest testing a spot on the inside of the rim first. If you get a good enough remover, you can SEE it working. It only took me about 15 minutes per rim to make it spotless. :yup:

BTW: I picked up my paint remover at my local hardware store. I also suggest pickin' up a wheel cleaner from the automotive section if you don't already have some, to get some of the spotting that may be on your rim from brake dust or whatever.

#207 ·

Yeah, if you look at some of the Cadillac chrome rims, they aren't "all" chrome. In the accenting areas is silver paint. It's easy to see the difference between the silver paint, and the chrome. You can even rub your finger from the face of the rim, towards the back, and feel the change from smooth to rough. That rough, gray stuff is paint. Simply go out and buy some paint remover, and take it all off! :) But I STRONGLY suggest removing the wheel from the car, and moving it far, far away from the car while performing this. Be vigorous with the remover. Atleast for me, it didn't damage anything. I also suggest testing a spot on the inside of the rim first. If you get a good enough remover, you can SEE it working. It only took me about 15 minutes per rim to make it spotless. :yup:

BTW: I picked up my paint remover at my local hardware store. I also suggest pickin' up a wheel cleaner from the automotive section if you don't already have some, to get some of the spotting that may be on your rim from brake dust or whatever.
Thanks for the info. I will consider doing it, cause that gray paint stuff is always collecting the brake dust and it looks awful after a couple days of driving. And I'm sure its easier to keept clean if you take away that gritty gray paint....Am I right?

#210 ·

That graffiti remover is most likely an identical substance. I had the citrus left over from a job so I used it. I left the rims on the car and applied it with a small paintbrush. I did one wheel, and when I completed the application on the second wheel, I hosed off the remover on the previous wheel. Removing the wheel is probably a smarter option, but im careful and didnt want to take the time to remove each wheel.

Re: shelf, I fits between the radio and heater vent housing. I melted the back of the shelf so clips onto the rear of the woodgrain panel so it cant pull out under WOT, and fabricated a small bracket on a 45º to sit in the small groove right about an inch above the volume control.

#211 ·

Chrome rims are always easy to take care of. Just spray it down with a light coat of a wheel cleaner of your choice, and wipe off with a rag, sponge, microfiber, whatever you prefer. They shine up REALLY nice!

Also: Feel free to get a graffiti remover that's powerful. It does no harm to the rubber of the tire, and nothing to the chrome of the wheel. Only the paint! If it's a strong enough substance, you can spray it up as a gel, and watch the paint "bubble" off. Then hose it down and all that paint'll come off in big blobs. It's really cool. I also used a tooth brush to get the little spots of paint off that didn't come off by the hose.

#224 ·

Outstanding pics folks...lots of new ideas. Boricuacaddy's vogue rims are NICE...I must have some!

I just realized after spending the past 45 mins oogling everyone elses rides that I hadn't posted any pics of my own 2000 STS on this thread.

I don't see any other STS's with a rear spoiler like mine. Was this a rarity?

:cool2:

Attachments

#226 ·

Outstanding pics folks...lots of new ideas. Boricuacaddy's vogue rims are NICE...I must have some!

I just realized after spending the past 45 mins oogling everyone elses rides that I hadn't posted any pics of my own 2000 STS on this thread.

I don't see any other STS's with a rear spoiler like mine. Was this a rarity?

:cool2:
i dont know but that looks like the one i want for my eldo... you have any pictures of the back?

#231 ·

It is LPG, Propane/Butane 50/50 mix

My Seville is Z-rated about 245 km/h

But I removed the speed limit for a test:)

The Cadillac runs very,very fast:) about 267 km/h

Driving so fast is very dangerous and very stressful and the suspension and brakes are not for this speed!

You have to be a clairvoyant....what do other people at the moment and what will they do in a few seconds?

AND: In German it`s the law not to overtake on right lanes!
If you do it, your driver license is gone....

My common speed is 120 km/h (75 m/h)

Cadillac is a cruiser...and I love this:)

So I will be happy when I can cruise in Florida again at February 07:)

#237 ·

Thanks! I am going to put a full top on her, add some chrome fender trim, a lighted spoiler, Chrome 8.5" rocker trim and maybe some new wheels and tires. Might also tint the windows and am looking into a DVD nav system, although at this point it's not high on the list. Can't forget about the drilled and slotted zinc coated rotors with ceramic pads, a wood gearshift handle, (if I can find one that goes on this car), and a dash mat. I'm sure there will be more as I go along!

#244 ·

Thanks! I am going to put a full top on her, add some chrome fender trim, a lighted spoiler, Chrome 8.5" rocker trim and maybe some new wheels and tires. Might also tint the windows and am looking into a DVD nav system, although at this point it's not high on the list. Can't forget about the drilled and slotted zinc coated rotors with ceramic pads, a wood gearshift handle, (if I can find one that goes on this car), and a dash mat. I'm sure there will be more as I go along!
Tatapapa, let me know when you find/get a full top,,need one myself, but not found a readymade yet. Anybody knows where to get one?????