I'm showing you my Eldorado/Seville, now show us yours - Page 19
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Like Tree297Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, I'm showing you my Eldorado/Seville, now show us yours in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 83 seville with the red interior red_guts.jpg seville (2).jpg...
    capo_montana is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 DTS

Re: I'm showing you my Eldorado/Seville, now show us yours

83 seville with the red interior
    red_guts.jpg
    seville (2).jpg

92WHTSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldorado ETC

Isn't that a 78-79 Seville? The 83 was the camelback model wasn't it?

capo_montana is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 DTS

My correction, it is a first generation seville. Its my fathers, he's had it for over a decade now.

O2AFAC67 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado ETC Collectors Series

Stopped by an informal parking lot car show this evening...

takes all kinds...

Pit stop for a BBQ sandwich on the way home...

Best,
    Ron

Mr.BayArea is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Seville STS, 08 Acura TL

Wanted to send updated photo's of my 1988 Cadillac Seville STS. I've done the bulk of repairs that needed to be done.(that i'm aware of ). The car was in pretty good shape, just neglected. The broken A/C seemed to respond well to some cans of Freon and oil. No O-rings or low pressure switch needed. Go figure. I replaced heater core, battery, radiator, front struts, stabilizer bar linkage, distributor cap/rotor, plugs, hood struts, ISC motor, charcoal canister and TPCV and all 5 fluids. No codes. I wanted to keep the car as original as possible, but, had to add a few "POP" item's to break up the 'Buick-y' look of the of the body. Gold plated Cadillac emblem to replace the chrome original and Hollander 04528 rims from a 1996 Seville. Then, replaced the center cap on those and went aftermarket for some color. Love this car!!!
    IMG_1009.JPGIMG_1012.jpgIMG_1016.jpgIMG_1017.jpgIMG_1018.jpgIMG_1019.png.JPG

Looks like Dark Blue, but that's GM Black Sapphire Metallic.
    delerium75 and STS-Fan like this.

O2AFAC67 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado ETC Collectors Series

Exclamation Re: I'm showing you my Eldorado/Seville, now show us yours

New BBQ restaurant opened up here in town so a visit this evening was mandatory...
    Best,
    Ron

Edit: Ok. A little closer look at the car...

STS-Fan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 Seville STS C&C Build

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BayArea View Post
    Wanted to send updated photo's of my 1988 Cadillac Seville STS. I've done the bulk of repairs that needed to be done.(that i'm aware of ). The car was in pretty good shape, just neglected. The broken A/C seemed to respond well to some cans of Freon and oil. No O-rings or low pressure switch needed. Go figure. I replaced heater core, battery, radiator, front struts, stabilizer bar linkage, distributor cap/rotor, plugs, hood struts, ISC motor, charcoal canister and TPCV and all 5 fluids. No codes. I wanted to keep the car as original as possible, but, had to add a few "POP" item's to break up the 'Buick-y' look of the of the body. Gold plated Cadillac emblem to replace the chrome original and Hollander 04528 rims from a 1996 Seville. Then, replaced the center cap on those and went aftermarket for some color. Love this car!!!
    I'd swear that was a dark blue definatly doesn't look black but maybe its the way the light is hitting it. Did you sell off those vogue wheels yet or do you still have them lying around? What did you use to get the door molding glue off besides lots of elbow grease the doors came out really clean? Last but not least great job that engine bay makes me a bit jelly.....

Hey, thanks for noticing all the weekend labor. Let's see, the local tire shop relieved me of the Vogue concrete frisbee's.(19 yrs. of service). Your swearing was not in vain, the car IS blue. Mostly. The literature tells me we had 4 colors to choose from on 6/1988. White Sable, Carmine Red, Sable Black and #8743 Black Sapphire. On close inspection you will see majority dark blue metal flakes and minority black metal flakes. Beautiful color. It looks 6" deep. Well, almost.

I don't know if someone had already reinstalled the door molding , but when I got to it there was double-sided foam tape securing it. I used a professional heat gun(blow dryer) and heated 10" at a time, then used a plastic scraper and my fingernails. Scraped right off. Then saturated a towel with OOPS! adhesive remover and wiped off the rest. immediately applied some cleaner wax before the paint decided to make faces at me.

Aaaahh, the engine bay....plastic wrap, painters tape, 2 cans Gunk, stiff brush and a leaf blower. Disperses almost all the rinse water before the towel dry and the engine protectant. I will be replacing the molding, maybe(?). I removed the trunk lid lettering to clean the paint between the letters.
    delerium75 likes this.

Hey,STS FAN, let me know if you were referring to the Vogue tires or the Vogue looking rims laying around. The tires are gone, but I have the rims. 3 are good and 1 needs bead repair and a chrome re-dip.

Hey Mr. Bay,

Yes I was referring to the old wheels but if one of them needs refinishing it would be kind of a mute point. My car was WA8555 which is a flat black according to gm. I'm assuming its what was labeled as sable black. It has been named onyx and kalapana black among other names over GM's history. Glad to hear the moldings weren't too bad for you mine have been a pita. The original glue is the width of the moldings and seems to be taking all my fingernails as it comes off but there getting there. Unfortunatly upon removing my passengers side molding and glue I found that during some old body work someone re-sprayed the car with the molding in place after repairing the door so I now have a nice white strip of body filler on my passenger side front door until I can find a replacement molding.

Here are some new pictures from this past weekend - I'm still having trouble linking the photos directly to the sight it constantly gives me a url error.

http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/St...%20June%202014
    Mr.BayArea likes this.

My, My, My... She IS beautiful. That paint and wax looks incredible. You must have the Bose system, my stock setup was no Bose and featured a piece of polyester cloth over the front door speaker cover. Noticed yours is carpeted. Your molding tape looks just like mine did last week. High temperature heat gun will soften that adhesive right up. Maybe one of those DupliColor paint repair tubes will cover some of the missing paint. Don't see many 88/89 STS's on the Forum, glad to know my car has kin-folk.

Most Forum guest don't know that the 3rd Generation Seville(and companions)were the technological and cosmetic precursor to the Cadillac's they are driving today. It's okay, we know it!!

Thanks! The paint hadn't been waxed in over 3 years when I bought the car - It's been a slow process bringing the shine back. Yes it originally came with a Bose system minus the head unit - previous owner did a bit of a hack job. So I pulled the Bose speakers and mini amps out and fabricated a set of 4" eclipse point source component speakers in there place using the original Bose housings. (added about 3/4" of MDF along the front of the Bose housing.The rear uses a set of 5 1/4" eclipse components on MDF plates in place of the factory 6x9's. There is a 4 channel alpine amp hidden in the trunk in the spare tire well and an eclipse head unit. I kept all the original Bose components if I ever need to convert the system back to OEM - would still need to track down a factory head unit however.

This was the front speaker replacement work - a few shots I had taken while I was doing the swap - nothing special, looking back it could have come out a bit cleaner - ended up having to use the black crossover covers as the original clear covers were bowed in the middle and wouldn't allow the compartment to close all the way.

http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/St...%20Replacement

Sweet!! So, an Alpine in the spare tire bay, no over-heating issue? Reading the post here on the Forum totally scared me from adding aftermarket Amps. I'm with a Pioneer 1.5 Din HU, with an iPod module plugged into the rear auxiliary port. (iPod lives in the glove box). And JBL 6*9's and 51/4's. Over-heating amp??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BayArea View Post
    Sweet!! So, an Alpine in the spare tire bay, no over-heating issue? Reading the post here on the Forum totally scared me from adding aftermarket Amps. I'm with a Pioneer 1.5 Din HU, with an iPod module plugged into the rear auxiliary port. (iPod lives in the glove box). And JBL 6*9's and 51/4's. Over-heating amp??
    No issues with it overheating but I did cut about half the spare tire cover away. 2 one foot by 6" strips as a precaution (glued a sheet of home radiator covering to the underside of the cover, from home depot, to provide support for stuff I toss in the trunk on occasions.) , I had picked up a spare cover from a local man's mall to play around with. The gain is set at under 50% so it doesn't get taxed all that much its an MRV-F340.

I ran a 1/8" aux jack into the center console - think you can see the wire in one of the seat pictures) and that's where my phone resides most of the time now.

I really am a fan of the low end bass, but I didn't want to disrespect the car with a SUB. When you described your setup with the separate components that gave me an idea. A couple of 51/4" component woofers in the back deck would do the job. I'm 50 yrs old now, 11" of woofer surface area is all I need. Plus a discreet place for a small name brand(low heat) amp. Good idea, 'STS'.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.