449K views 2K replies 623 participants last post by  pswanson13 
#1 ·
Post A Pic Of Your Caddy!

Here's mine!

Attachments

See less See more
#385 ·
Re: Post A Pic Of Your Caddy!

20" OG 150 Spoke FWD with 245/35ZR20 tires - perfect fit! And yes the ride has changed - a little harder, a lot more paranoid (potholes will destroy 20" quick), highway is still smooth, but braking distance changed because wheels are HEAVY! And my spinning wires make it feel like I'm riding on the brakes.

#389 ·

Most of your lac's make mine look like garbage. but she is my baby i've had her for 2 1/2 years. near mint inside and out

1990 Eldo 2dr coupe. she had the fake fifth wheel on the back but i took it off. was about to put rims on her but havent yet.

does anyone know if my cloth top is factory? i really really really want to get it off and put on a vinyl top
the navy blue cloth top is horrible. collects everything. impossible to keep clean.

#397 ·

my 97 seville sls,.... (before i tinted the back windwos...) i hate the rims on it, I can get a set in the same style in chrome out here in the LA area for the price of one on Ebay. Or maybe some hub caps? I seen some nifty cady issued hub cabs that look nice on an sls. At least they looked like hubs.:D:yawn:

#401 ·

When I bought my car the first thing I wanted to do was put after market wheels on it. Don't get me wrong. I love the stock "17's but I wanted to be different. So I found a set of Mega Stars that had a classy yet updated look. And they were priced to go. Wrapped them in General WHP's (YES GENERAL's. Actually a really good tire now.) and thought I was set. Boy was I wrong. Turns out, it got up and went like my Great Grandfather's '87 305ci Broughum. with my foot on the floor and stopped like a Union Pacific. They were on the car 3 day's and then I got rid got them. On a positive note it looked good for those 3 days as you can see.

If you don't mind being slow, stopping even slower, wearing driveline and suspention parts out at an excelerated rate, and looking good while doing it? I highly recommend it.

Attachments

#403 ·

When I bought my car the first thing I wanted to do was put after market wheels on it. Don't get me wrong. I love the stock "17's but I wanted to be different. So I found a set of Mega Stars that had a classy yet updated look. And they were priced to go. Wrapped them in General WHP's (YES GENERAL's. Actually a really good tire now.) and thought I was set. Boy was I wrong. Turns out, it got up and went like my Great Grandfather's '87 305ci Broughum. with my foot on the floor and stopped like a Union Pacific. They were on the car 3 day's and then I got rid got them. On a positive note it looked good for those 3 days as you can see.

If you don't mind being slow, stopping even slower, wearing driveline and suspention parts out at an excelerated rate, and looking good while doing it? I highly recommend it.

hey dude those are really nice rims!

#402 ·

I should be getting this at the end of the week. 2000 Seville STS; Sterling w/Pewter interior and only 54k miles. Getting some work done to it tomorrow (dealer says it has symptom of head gasket; I hope so, means I'll be good for awhile). They were listing it for $10.5, but I should be getting it for around $8500. Car is very clean for its age, owned my a doctors wife and dealer maintained. Finally, the search is over.

Sorry for crappy pics, taken with phone after I finished detailing it.

Attachments

#405 ·

D2H....I have a black 2001 STS too, and I just want to say that wheel and tire combo looked absolutely incredible...car looks amazing with them on...are they 20"?....Im sorry to hear they didnt perform good....Im guessing there heavy(chrome)...I updated mine with the 18" OEM alloy(light) wheels of off a 2006 STS....looks good too, but those were SEXY!.....You still gotem?...;)

#409 ·

Typical symptoms of "enginus distressus" : The drivetrain is missing due to extensive repair in progress...........Read his thread down in Northstar Performance...........

Post #400........There's more than one way to ruin a nice car.........