Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: '86 Eldo problems

'86 Eldo problems

I've got a 1986 cadillac eldorado (yes, with the 4100 in it) with a number of problems. I'm determined to fix them one at a time until i have a working car. But there is one problem that really gets in my way:

My driver information center/climate control is useless. I cannot control my heat/ac, defroster or anything. I cannot get any readings for fuel economy, etc. But the big problem is that i cannot access the OBD-1 codes. I hold off and warmer, and nothing happens. The whole unit is unresponsive. When i first start the car, sometimes it will say good morning or whatever, but then within a few seconds it will jump to "system problem" whether or not my orange "engine control systems" light is on. When it doesn't say "system problem" it's telling me the A/C compressor shut off because there is no R-12.

Can anybody help? The only code that i continuously pull up on a scanner is he distributor signal fault, and ISC motor fault. I replaced the ISC motor last night, but haven't had a chance to see if the code was repeated. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

phoenix az....damn its hot here

Re: '86 Eldo problems

ac control panel.... or you need a new programmer.... another possiblilty is there is a little add lookin Dealy uncer the hood.... i can remeber off hand what it is called but it is up by the firewall on the passenger side...check those for you A/C

+ Reply to Thread

Cadillac Posting Rules