95 SLS NOS safe?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 95 SLS NOS safe? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I wanted to add a CAI and a 50 shot of NOS to my 95 SLS. Is this safe to ...
    halcyon026 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

95 SLS NOS safe?

I wanted to add a CAI and a 50 shot of NOS to my 95 SLS. Is this safe to do? Do i need any certain computer managment to adjust fuel levels or will the stock ECU do all that for me when the nos is going and keep my fuel levels safe for the high amounts of air? Any other cheap/free ways to make it safer and add power. Im on a very fixed budget but I might beable to get a used NOS kit from a friend for like $200.

Also I saw those chip things on ebay from like $6-$15. Arent these just resistors? I saw one saying not to use it on a car with a turbo, would the same apply to a car with NOS? If it retards timing it seems it would make the car even safer when using NOS right? One guy on ebay claimed his "mod kit" wasnt just a $.15 resistor that causes bad starts and hurts something else... are there different kinds or is he just using a different resistor?

Anyone know where a guide to build your own CAI for a 95 SLS is at?

Thanks a TON!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: 95 SLS NOS safe?

Welcome....... Thanks for signing up

You can build your own CAI.... goto www.gmfourms.com and go to the cadillac section..... Do a search, and there is a guy by the name of damien that did a CAI...... Using the stock airbox......

I dont know about any of the computer stuff, but someone else will chime in!!!

Personally, I wouldnt put NOS on a N*...... Youll want that money when something else happens...... But im sure it can be done!!!

DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    while yout at GMforums look up a guy named Iceheart, hes got an eldo with NOS, i think a 75 or maybe even 100 shot.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Nitrous on a stock Northstar is asking for a blown head gasket. Even a 50 shot.

My thoughts exactly...... The engine seems to be sensitive enough without anything added to it!!!!

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Nitrous on a stock Northstar is asking for a blown head gasket. Even a 50 shot.
    If you want to play that game.....Do a TimeSert kit first, a little involved but when you're done you'll have no problems! ( It'll be plenty quick too )

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by DeVillish
    while yout at GMforums look up a guy named Iceheart, hes got an eldo with NOS, i think a 75 or maybe even 100 shot.
    I believe ( if I'm not mistaken ) That I/H 400's car has had the TimeSert kit installed.

halcyon026 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

what is this kit?

what is this kit and where can i get info on it? or a URL to the maker of the kit.
    Couldnt I just replace the gasket with a beeft aftermarket one?

Re: what is this kit?

Actually, its not the "gasket" per se that fails, it is the head bolts pulling that causes the gasket to fail..... So you must get new bolts......

And, if your going to do it, you want to do it right the first time...... You DONT want to do this again!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.