Why can't I find an ETC?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Why can't I find an ETC? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm starting to go nuts... I've been looking for an ETC here in the Boston area, and I'm convinced there's ...
    BostonETC97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Why can't I find an ETC?

I'm starting to go nuts... I've been looking for an ETC here in the Boston area, and I'm convinced there's not one nice one out there! Every time I go to check one out, it's got a 'Check Engine" light, severe mis-fires, or they'll openly admit that is has a "minor overheating problem." (Is there such thing as a MINOR overheating problem with an aluminum engine?!?)

I guess I'll just have to keep looking... I'm keeping high standards, but I believe that's in my best interest. I won't even test-drive the car unless they can provide me with the service history. I'm also being picky about mileage - I'm avoiding anything with over 60k on it.

Anyone else have a similar experience when shopping for their Eldo?

-Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Why can't I find an ETC?

The ETCs are a little harder to come by....... But you shouldnt have a problem finding one....... In order to find one you want, you need to be willing to drive some..... 100 miles should be fine......

When i started shopping for my car, I got on every dealers website and every magazine and classified section for a 100 mile radius....... I got lucky and found one 20mins from my house!!!

dave1109 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Keep looking !

E.BAY

I searched for three months before I found
    mine in KY.
    Be willing to travel and you could come up
    with a good deal.

Well, there's good news! I've found two ETC's locally, both of which meet my criteria. I guess if you put some serious effort into the hunt, you'll find what you're looking for. The only complaint that I have is that neither of them have sunroofs, but I guess I have to be a *little* flexible. The funny part is that the ones with sunroofs that I have seen have all been aftermarket... easily distinguishable by the non-factory switches, and the overall poorly re-fabricated headliners. Did most people opt not to have a sunroof from the factory?

Now that I've found an Eldo that I want to buy, I can't get rid of my current car, LOL!

-Scott

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Scott,

How many miles and which year?

As far as miles on the ETC's go, the first one I saw has 52k on it, and the second has 59k. Both are black, both are '97's. I was looking at a very nice white-diamond one, but I just couldn't cope with the 75k on it. I realize the life of this car is probably over 200k+ with proper maintenence, but I never keep them that long.

Right now I'm driving a 97 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, with 106,000 miles on it, and I'll be the first to admit that it drives as good as the day I picked it up from the dealer. Not a sqeek, engine is just as smooth, and the tranny is just as tight. GM has come a really long way in the engineering of these cars. I'm just tired of a 4-door, and since I do about 20,000 miles per year, I figure I'm better off selling the prix while it's still worth a little bit. So, if you know anyone who is looking for a very well maintained 'Prix, just lemme know!

-Scott

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    sounds real nice....might i recommend doing a carfax report to see if they've been in major accidents and to see all the recalls. Hopefully the previous owners treated their caddys with as much respect as your grand prix.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.