2000 ETC factory amplifer? location and validation - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2000 ETC factory amplifer? location and validation in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Can someone help me in making this extension to relocate my Bose HU to the trunk? Ive manage to snag ...
    vincentm is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Re: 2000 ETC factory amplifer? location and validation

Can someone help me in making this extension to relocate my Bose HU to the trunk? Ive manage to snag a factory harness from another 97 a few weeks ago (UW7, same as my existing one) and just need to know how to exactly do so, ive no CD changer just a Double Din Pioneer AVH-4400BH installed, Ive sent PM's and asked in another thread but no responses.

What wires do i need to run to the Bose HU?

cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int
    Vince you just need power and ground for the stereo and the 2 data class purple wires run to It

Should i use both grounds off the harness from the Bose? What about E1 (Serial Data Signal E and C) greenwire ?

bump

mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC

Sorry I haven't been on the forum in a while, and was unable to answer your question. What I did is extend each and every wire in that harness (perhaps unnecessarily) so that they all reach the radio with the exception of the audio channel (you can see I added the female RCA plugs in the harness, and these do not reach the BOSE head unit in the trunk--so I can't hear audio coming out of the head unit). The only mod is that--instead of using the audio out of the head unit, I substitute it for the one in the dash. I didn't use any factory harness... I purchased a Male and female GM 32 connectors and simply made an extension to relocate the head unit in the trunk. I can go and change the audio DSP effects (driver, hall, etc) in the trunk, and my steering volume control works as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.