speaker sizes in 96 STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, speaker sizes in 96 STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well, i am upgrading the speakers in my 96 STS. They have hardly any clear, high trebble and distort easily. ...
    FirstTimeCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

speaker sizes in 96 STS

Well, i am upgrading the speakers in my 96 STS. They have hardly any clear, high trebble and distort easily. I popped the covers off the front and they appear to be 3-1/2" but I was just wondering what the rear speaker size is and if the signal is filtered at all due to mostly bass coming from the rear. A am going to put some simple 2 way speakers in the front and some 3-ways in the rear to improve the clarity and maybe a small subwoofer in the trunk to make up for the bass lost by the boss wave tunnel system in the rearas the stock paper cone speakers make tremendious bass at low volume and distort badly at even mild volume. Thanks in advance.

Brett

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Loud 93 STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Speakers

I have a 93 STS and 9it had the bose system. If you are thinking of replacing the speakers you might want to check into factory ones because with the bose system regular auto speakes sound like crap. I put pioneer 4 ways in with my bose system and they sounded horrible. I ended up rewiring the whole car with speaker wire and antenna wire to put in a new pioneer in-dash cd. That is a major pain but cheaper than repairing the bose if you do it yourself. On the speaker sizes though, mine were 6x9 in the back and 4in in front. On the bose system though, it could be that your mini amps are bad. If you end up working on the bose system and need amps give me a hollar because i have 4 extra now that I have replaced my whole sytstem because I'm pretty sure that even though the head unit changed in 96, I think the tuner and amps stayed the same. e-mail matthutz@yifan.net Goodluck in whatever you do!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.