{Strut} To good to be true?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, {Strut} To good to be true? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-580-115-Assembly-Cadillac-Eldorado/dp/B000C9SCMM...
    vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

{Strut} To good to be true?

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-580-115-Assembly-Cadillac-Eldorado/dp/B000C9SCMM

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: {Strut} To good to be true?

Actually amazon has both OEM front struts and rear OEM shocks listed for a total of $1,521.73 excluding shipping..yay or nay?

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    Actually amazon has both OEM front struts and rear OEM shocks listed for a total of $1,521.73 excluding shipping..yay or nay?
    Maybe.

But I would confirm the needed part numbers through the ACDelco parts lookup page first.
    The Amazon page showed ACDelco #580-115 which is your LH strut.
    Your RH strut is #580-116.

I did not look up the shock numbers.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i can also double check your part numbers for you if you want

what i don't get is why ACDelco is selling these at this price direct to consumers via amazon... i wish i could buy them for that price from GM!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

AC Delco 580-115:
    OEM Part Number:22064725

AC Delco 580-116:
    OEM Part Number: 22064726

AC Delco 580-117:
    OEM part Number

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

be aware that if your getting directly from Amazon or if its coming from one of there retailers or who ever sell on amazon
    that your getting a great price if that is the right part number
    but AcDelco May not Honor parts for warranty issues that where not bough from a authorized AcDelco retailer so then you soly rely on the warranty policy from the company you got them from
    in this case
    I don't belive Amazon is a Authorized dealer
    for AcDelco Parts and they don't give a warranty on them but there auto parts department does have a unconditional 365 day return policy from what was explained to me by a phone rep i spoke i with before ordering my Monroe active shocks from them they said i won't get a warranty on them but i will be able to return them for a refund if anything goes wrong with in the first 12 months

I was actualy just looking at some AcDelco Front struts for the seville from Amazon for like 400-500 each i think

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    i can also double check your part numbers for you if you want

what i don't get is why ACDelco is selling these at this price direct to consumers via amazon... i wish i could buy them for that price from GM!
    I was wondering that same thing when i saw the Seville Frotn strust at the price and what You could get them for from Amazon from AcDelco Parts store that was selling on Amazon
    i was thinking wow
    and don;'t understand how they give them to the consumer that cheap and a dealer cant get them that cheap

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup View Post
    be aware that if your getting directly from Amazon or if its coming from one of there retailers or who ever sell on amazon
    that your getting a great price if that is the right part number
    but AcDelco May not Honor parts for warranty issues that where not bough from a authorized AcDelco retailer so then you soly rely on the warranty policy from the company you got them from
    in this case
    I don't belive Amazon is a Authorized dealer
    for AcDelco Parts and they don't give a warranty on them but there auto parts department does have a unconditional 365 day return policy from what was explained to me by a phone rep i spoke i with before ordering my Monroe active shocks from them they said i won't get a warranty on them but i will be able to return them for a refund if anything goes wrong with in the first 12 months

I was actualy just looking at some AcDelco Front struts for the seville from Amazon for like 400-500 each i think
    Fully aware of that..i'll most likely be purchasing from amazon, USA Brake & Automotive here in Kennewick WA quoted me $300 for install and $69 for alignment once i have all parts.

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

Considering the money you have in your engine, adding another $473 per corner for suspension parts and labor is not a stretch.

Understand that you will be driving the car for years to realize any pay-back. You probably have more fresh money in the car than it is worth. But if that is not a consideration, go for it.

Keep that Eldo on the road!!

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

I would be shure the OEM # is a match with the ACdelco number, both should be on the box label.

I think they can be found around $400 individually.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Considering the money you have in your engine, adding another $473 per corner for suspension parts and labor is not a stretch.

Understand that you will be driving the car for years to realize any pay-back. You probably have more fresh money in the car than it is worth. But if that is not a consideration, go for it.

Keep that Eldo on the road!!

You know most conventional wisdom would say it's not worth it (destroyer) and to junk the car, but one cannot put a price on the enjoyment of their favorite vehicle and the pleasure of keeping it on the road, so to me, i'll be doing everything in my power to keep this bad girl driving strong.
    orconn, orconn, ThumperPup and 1 others like this.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    You know most conventional wisdom would say it's not worth it (destroyer) and to junk the car, but one cannot put a price on the enjoyment of their favorite vehicle and the pleasure of keeping it on the road, so to me, i'll be doing everything in my power to keep this bad girl driving strong.
    If that's "conventional wisdom" ^^^, I would hate to hear your definition of "politically correct" !!!

Quote Originally Posted by submariner409 View Post
    If that's "conventional wisdom" ^^^, I would hate to hear your definition of "politically correct" !!!
    My vocabulary sucks..probably not the best choice of words for such a post.

iametarq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

WHOA!! My right strut is shot (the electronics part of it) and was throwing a code, that is damn tempting to get one for $400. But I'd rather fix my steering wheel creak first, after our new car arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by iametarq View Post
    WHOA!! My right strut is shot (the electronics part of it) and was throwing a code, that is damn tempting to get one for $400. But I'd rather fix my steering wheel creak first, after our new car arrives.
    amazon has the ones for our seville right now OEM for 456 im thinking about ordering a set right now even though i probalby won't even have them put on till some time next year they atleast will sit in the garage the Mechanic told me on tuesday that for 185k on the car with the new rear shcoks and springs and the old origianl front struts the car rides like it did when it was brand new so i don't realy even need the 2 fronts but hell for those prics i might as well just buy them and throw them up on a shelf in the garage for when i do

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.