GFORCE Performance chip??? Does it really work?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HurstGN
  • 1 Post By vfaninva
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, GFORCE Performance chip??? Does it really work? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey there JFG92.....your comment is the only positive one here....been toying with the idea of trying this chip on my ...
    Sportbronco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado ETC

Re: GFORCE Performance chip??? Does it really work?

Hey there JFG92.....your comment is the only positive one here....been toying with the idea of trying this chip on my 2002 Eldorado ETC North Star Engine for the mileage is not very good as it ranges in the city
    about 14-15 mpg and hoping to bump up the HP, as well.

From the comments I've read here I wonder if over the long term, any damage occurs in the engine and I
    see your comment made bak in 2011 so I wud think you've had enough time to evaluate the results of this
    chip....let me know, please.

Bob...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GF Performance Chip

Hello...anyone out there familiar with the GF Performance Chips?

I have the last 2002 Eldorado ETC made and have been toying with the idea of installing this GF Chip where reportedly it increases the engines horsepower and
    mileage which is a key focus, for this car gets maybe 14-15 mpg in the city @ best

Appreciate any feed back or insights!

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Re: GF Performance Chip

Did you even read the other thread you replied to? Obviously you searched the site and only found 1 positive remark, the rest negative and those from 2011 and 2012. If it were any good, it would be talked about. Much discussion over fuel economy and power have been had on the forum. Nobody is talking about it because it's a waste of money.
    Tbbt likes this.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 Raven V sedan, Current '13 Thunder Gray V coupe
    ^^100% Right!!

I'd sooner put cow chips under my hood!

Just do a quick search and you'll see for yourself.

http://m.carcomplaints.com/news/2015...hip-scam.shtml
    Tbbt likes this.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

This is a VERY old thread (JFG92 posted on 2-1-2012)! It's still a scam after 3 1/2 years too. Your choice, but you could just send me the money and then at least one of us would be happy! If it were that easy (to increase HP and MPG), the GM would already be doing it.

Welcome to the forum, but try to pay attention to the date of the posts and you'll get better responses. What model, year CTS do you own?

Marv

He has a 2002 Eldo ETC. He resurrected this old thread and began a new one. I posted my warning in the other thread.

Hi....I'd be interested in knowing what you know about these chips and or your experience.

Much thanks

----------

Hello there....you sound rather informed and I wonder what experience you've had with these chips and I would welcome your feedback.

I smell a shill....

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Yeah, he's pumping the site and worthless chip.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Is this the old resistor in the temp sensor nonsense again?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap on big wheels
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 F150 SuperCab 4x4

Yes, It's a 25 cent resistor in a $70 cutesy box/wires. Used to offset IAT (Intake Air Temp) to produce a rich fuel mixture. Actually does nothing for power or economy. If you want to throw away the $70, tack some more onto that - for before and after dyno runs; or, before and after timeslips on the Tune&Test evening at your local drag strip. You will be unpleasantly surprised.

The CF site uses advertising for some revenue income - as with ALL advertising it's up to the buyer to determine the worth of the product. In this case, the testimonials and studies in the provided link point out that the product may be a scam. Get out your GM service manual and trace out the schematics for 2000 - 2004 Northstar emissions controls and PCM sensor inputs. Make your own resistor "chip" with test leads - various resistors are about $1.25 a pack of 5 at Radio Shack. Fool with offsetting values - it will cost you gas mileage and maybe poor driveability, but you'll see your own results, not those of someone who is trying to blow smoke up your butt.

I messed around with this idea on my STS, as well as a JET "Performance MAF" - wasted a LOT of money. Did the comparisons during two round-trips from here to Gainesville, FL - 820 miles one way - and the results were abysmal, performance AND gas mileage wise. The "Performance MAF" is on the shelf and the pile of resistors (chips, ha ha) is in my tube stereo possibles box.

As far as the GForce "chips", you might want to surf through a few of these sites .......................... Note the lawsuit by California.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gfor...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    Attached Images

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap on big wheels
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 F150 SuperCab 4x4

Re: GF Performance Chip

Sportbronco, Your observed city fuel mileage of 14 - 15 mpg is actually quite good. The VIN 9 cars usually get about 10 - 14 city, 15-19 suburban, 24-25 long term open highway. The VIN Y cars do a bit better for suburban and highway.

If possible, actual horsepower gains come to life up in the engine rpm powerband. You would never see/feel anything in the city. Even the $1200 CORSA catback (2000 - 2004 Seville only) doesn't get "on the pipe" until up over 4,000 rpm.

As posted in your other identical thread, wrong forum, the so-called "performance chip" won't work.

EDIT: OP's posts merged and moved from 2 threads in an incorrect forum for Northstar/Seville/Eldorado questions. Some of the posted replies reference a thread in CTS gen2 that had been dead for 4 years.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/20...hip-scam.shtml

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE
    I bought the piece of shit!!! Woah is me....it is a conversation piece paper weight and nothing more. That's why they have 48 hour return policy. Because you will.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

It falls into the same category as the Tornado.......... proving once again that P.T. Barnum was right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.