coolant leaking
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, coolant leaking in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 1999 sls there is a short(10-12in.) ridged pipe coming from the water pump area and it gos up to the ...
    mikjut is offline Cadillac Owners Member

coolant leaking

1999 sls
    there is a short(10-12in.) ridged pipe coming from the water pump area and it gos up to the intake area of motor. it is weaping coolant, it has what seems to be a flange at both ends and bolts with a single bolt ea. end and is coved with somesort of wrap like foil. i called the dealler in my area to see if there was a gasket or seal to replace. they dont seem to know what this is???? is it for Heater>>??? or to a sensor? what is it called, do i replace the whole thing or is there a seal of some kind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

Re: coolant leaking

You probably have failed crossover gaskets if coolant has made it to the EGR tube. The upper x-over gaskets have an EGR passage(yellow X) that is open but dead heads at the head. From what I see it serves no purpose other than for machining the crossover passage & creates another potential leak point.

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

I wouldn't rule out a WP cover leak or thermostat housing leak.

But if you know coolant is coming from inside the tube this seems the likely source. This could be a give a false diagnosis of a failed head gasket or it could be a headgasket that would cause this. Coolant would have to be going out the ex pipes when the EGR cycles.

You must have coolant disappearing.

I have never heard of coolant in the EGR passage happening to anyone here but the gaskets could surely be the cause.

robtinbc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Deville and 1988 Belville

I have a 99 Deville De Elegance and have the same issue, seeing coolant on the dark grey panel, here:

DSC_0143.JPG

It drips from just behind this panel.

I believe its a hose but cant locate it!! Help.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    This thread is almost 3 years old.

Please don't post your questions in multiple threads, you already have answers in yours.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.