Cadillac Owners Forum banner

93 Seville SLS 4.9 starting problems..

860 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mike5514 
#1 ·
This car was kind of hesitant when being crunk up in the begining but, as I constantly held the ignition key foward it would finally catch and start.. Until oneday, when i was tryn to start it using the same "Hold the key Foward until it finally starts" method and it was turning over slower and slower until it just completely stopped and I smelled rubber or plastic or something burning but not from the inside.. From this point I went out and got a starter immediately...Battery BRAND NEW and still the car doesnt even attempt to turn over...Not a sound...but the car does get fire when you turn the key to the run position without trying to crank it but wont say a word... DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA WAT I'VE MESSED UP IF I HAVE?? IS it SIMPLE TO FIX?? CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME SOMETHING TO HELP ME????

#4 ·
When you put the key in run the rear air pump comes on ck back there first right rear fender then do a smell test open the hood have someone hold the key in the run position. Another is after holding key ck various units for heat. Also Using a load battery and charging system amp tester check starter draw

Have a fire ext. on hand and if any doubt take/tow/haul to a shop

What bothers me is a fuse should have blown, ck fuses for a bypass.Mike

EDIT one more thing ck relays for heat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.