Cadillac Owners Forum banner

just wondering

2K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  Submariner409 
#1 ·
why seville sts and sls were expensive then cts in 2003 and 04?

#5 ·
people say that seville sts is more luxurious than sports and its correct too but seriously the 300hp is not only for show off its seriously produce 300hp. people race against seville sts coz its a big threat for mid size and luxurious and even sports coupe. i m proud to be a seville sts owner :)

#6 ·
This is true, a car that big doing 0-60 in less than 7 seconds is fast, I think my 3.6L CTS could take it though. On a track of course :)

#8 ·
The Seville STS has about 400lbs. on the CTS. Seville STS - 4,001LBS, CTS - 3,568. The CTS is much smaller than the Seville, 14" shorter.

#12 ·
1999 Cadillac Seville STS 0-60 mph 6.7 Quarter mile 14.9

2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6l 0-60 mph 6.5 Quarter mile 14.8

Very, very close race...Would depend on the driver for sure.

#13 ·
well i should say that cts is better than sts seville coz its a v6 and accordin to ur reading its performance level is same.
ok for example if u speedin on a free highway and lets say u goin on a pretty good speed if u change ur gear into 2 or 3 on the gearbox would it increase more speed coz i did on my sts it sounds like engine got heavy and reving more sound rather than speed just a weird question lol!

#19 ·
We're pretty serious......Our cars - the FWD Eldorados, the Sevilles, and the Devilles with the 4.6 Northstar drivetrain - are as "tuned" and as "powerful" as they can get. The factory did it all for us. There is precious little aftermarket support, and what there is....... is strictly eye candy. Matter of fact, the so-called "performance" air intakes, modified MAF sensors, and bored throttlebodies usually result in a loss of power and cause the engine controls systems to set emissions fault codes. From 1996 to 2004 there is no such thing as a "chip" for the PCM (Powertrain Control Module), and no one is currently "tuning" the 2000+ (???) series of PCM's with any degree of success. Been there, done that.

You need to go up in the black bar ^^^ and read the entire Cadillac Technical Archive, then go down to Discussions, Item Specific: Cadillac Tech Tips and go through all 9 pages of threads for items in your interest - that Forum will answer 99% of Northstar/FWD Cadillac questions you may have.

This is expensive, it works, it has a lifetime warranty, and it will give you a few HP up at WOT redline, but for daily driving it's more eye candy. My car has it................www.corsaperformance.com

#24 ·
The system goes for around $1,100-$1,200 depending on the vendor. Labor, depends on what the shop charges for an hour's work. Or you can pick up a set of ramps and do it yourself.
Use a 4-point lift and do it right. Measure twice, cut once. See the companion thread on Seville exhaust systems just posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.