Cadillac Owners Forum banner
304K views 109 replies 87 participants last post by  ocgltd 
#1 ·
I have noticed some of the information requests could be solved by reading the Owners Manual. I also know that often these are lost and/or damaged over the years.

I have located a GM site where you can download many of these Owners Manuals in .pdf format.

It my be useful for those trying to understand the basic controls of their Cadillac.

These are large files(about 19-20mb). If you are interested I would suggest trying this link, find your model/year, then right-click and "Save Target As"; to your computer.

Cadillac Owners Manuals

-George

#54 ·
From the 02 STS manual:
Use regular unleaded gasoline with a posted octane of
87 or higher. However, for best performance and for
trailer towing, you may wish to use middle grade or
premium unleaded gasoline. If the octane is less than 87,
you may get a heavy knocking noise when you drive.
If it is bad enough, it can damage your engine.

From the 08 SRX manual:
If your vehicle has the 3.6L V6 engine (VIN Code 7),
use regular unleaded gasoline with a posted octane
rating of 87 or higher. For best performance or trailer
towing, you could choose to use middle grade 89 octane
unleaded gasoline. If the octane rating is less than 87,
you might notice an audible knocking noise when you
drive, commonly referred to as spark knock. If this occurs,
use a gasoline rated at 87 octane or higher as soon as
possible. If you are using gasoline rated at 87 octane
or higher and you hear heavy knocking, the engine
needs service.

If your vehicle has the 4.6L V8 engine (VIN Code A),
use premium unleaded gasoline with a posted octane
rating of 91 or higher. You can also use regular
unleaded gasoline rated at 87 octane or higher, but
your vehicle’s acceleration could be slightly reduced,
and you might notice a slight audible knocking
noise, commonly referred to as spark knock. If the
octane is less than 87, you might notice a heavy
knocking noise when you drive. If this occurs, use a
gasoline rated at 87 octane or higher as soon as
possible. Otherwise, you could damage the engine.
If you are using gasoline rated at 87 octane or higher
and you hear heavy knocking, the engine needs service.

#55 ·
George, I just tried doing this and there must be something wrong with the site. I get to the add a vehicle step, and I get an error on page message and it won't go any further. I tried it with two different browsers, and got nothin'. If you know any "magic words", I am listenin'!

Ed

#58 · (Edited)
hello,
I just bought a 1994 Seville( because the price was cheap)...seller says it needs solenoids in transmission.
the car stays in second gear. I have worked on cars that were much older and simpler. I do not posess complex transmission "special"tools.
..Is this a job I can attempt?..Is this a common problem with these cars? The northstar engine sounds good and doesent seem to have any compressoion/head gasket issues....what do you think? ...Thank You
I am adding some info to clarify

#59 ·
Wrong place to post this - post in the main forums, not sticky threads - these are for permanent access to information, not repairs.

Also look down in Cadillac Technical Discussion, Northstar Performance.

#60 ·
:crybaby: Well i just left the above site in disapoinment! I tried to register and the site wont let me because for one my 1967 Cadillac Sedan DeVille is not registered, it is sitting in my garage for the restoration. does anyone here have an owners manual here for a 1967 Cadillac Sedan DeVille that they have in PDF form or, can you scan it on to your pc and e-mail i to me? :worship:
I would be very greatfull!

#63 ·
Saliem,

if you go to ebay & paste 170503121231 into the search field you will find one at a really reasonable price. Also if you type in "1995 eldorado manual" without the quotes you will get a lot of listings for exactly what you are looking for, they also have service manuals (if you dont have them for your car already) for pretty good prices as well. hope that helps!!!

#68 ·
Hi
Anyone have a link to a 1976 Eldorado Coupe owners manual, have searched all over the net, and can't find one. Really need to know what where and how to use some of the things in the car. Not easy to find another one similar in our area (Australia) to look at and ask questions. Have purchased the workshop manual, but still waiting for it to arrive from the USA.