Cadillac Owners Forum banner
304K views 109 replies 87 participants last post by  ocgltd 
#1 ·
I have noticed some of the information requests could be solved by reading the Owners Manual. I also know that often these are lost and/or damaged over the years.

I have located a GM site where you can download many of these Owners Manuals in .pdf format.

It my be useful for those trying to understand the basic controls of their Cadillac.

These are large files(about 19-20mb). If you are interested I would suggest trying this link, find your model/year, then right-click and "Save Target As"; to your computer.

Cadillac Owners Manuals

-George

#29 ·
Evenin' George,

I wanted to thank you for this post. I went to the GM Owners website, registered as a new 1999 STS owner (have NOT taken delivery yet...eBay deal pending) and was able to eventually download all 356 pages in .pdf to both my hard drive and a copy to my email account (.27mb file) for global reference/study.

Once again I thank you sincerely,
JP
Stephen JP Ingley
CW4, USA-Ret.

#31 ·
Are these "Owner's Manuals" the small, thick, leather covered books that tell you how to work all the car controls that are kept in the glove box? Or, are they "Service Manuals", big thick books that cost over $100 and tell Mr. Goodwrench how to fix everything mechanical and electrical in the car?

#32 ·
so growe3 you say you've located site with pdf files to download but i'm not finding site. just joined this here website and am excited to check it out. so call me inexperienced for not being able to go to site. call me stupid tomorrow if i still can't get there:banghead: the underlined words just get me to an automart with commerdials. checked out thye helm site and it's 135 smackers for their book. hep me somebody. the thin air up here makes my brain weaki.
thanks

#33 ·
cadwithanaltitude said:
so growe3 you say you've located site with pdf files to download but i'm not finding site. just joined this here website and am excited to check it out. so call me inexperienced for not being able to go to site. call me stupid tomorrow if i still can't get there:banghead: the underlined words just get me to an automart with commerdials. checked out thye helm site and it's 135 smackers for their book. hep me somebody. the thin air up here makes my brain weaki.
thanks
OK, you asked for it. You're inexperienced. :) You have to click on the Register link on that page and register with the site to get access to the manual. What you will get is the Owner's Manual that would be in the glove box, not the full factory service manual. When you register, you'll tell them which model car you have. Once you're in, you will be able to view the manual for your car. If you enter the VIN, it will keep track of maintenance you have done at a dealership and add it to the service history for your car. I registered my VIN with the site and when I had the fuel rail recall work done, it showed up in my service history.

#34 ·
I'm impressed that you can get these manuals for free and they're very helpful but I wanted more (I always want more though...)

Does anyone know where I can find schematic drawings - side, top, front & back elevations? I guess they are in the Helms and Haynes manuals but I am reluctant to part with the amount of money they cost as I need three.

To explain, I am a 3D computer Graphics artist and I am trying to build a Deville (00-04), Seville (98-04) and an Escalade (99-00) but finding accurate reference material is hopeless. I want these cars to do the Cadillac designers justice and to all look beautiful (as basic models, no mods).

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a fairly good resolution image of these drawings?

Thanks if you can help, but thanks for reading even if you can't help me out.

Phil Bale

#41 ·
Have you clicked on the link ? The one in the post above your last post.
The HTTP thing ?

Brings you too a page to select "Owners" Manuals.
These are NOT service Manuals.
These are the manuals that come free when the car is purchased from the dealer.
The one that tells you what buttons do what...etc.. and crap that are in your car.
Doesnt tell you how to replace a control arm bushing, or a blower motor.......

If you have clicked on the http and you get nothing then you should maybe look at your security settings. Pop-Up blocker etc.......
If you do get the page but then dont get anything when you select which manual you wanted....
Then you may not have the proper reader for its format.
It a PDF and I "think" you need adobe acrobat to read it.