2003 Seville Driver Side Mirror
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2003 Seville Driver Side Mirror in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I need some help. I just bought an '03 Seville and the driver side mirror had that brown cloudly looking ...
    sleepa007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville SLS 72K

2003 Seville Driver Side Mirror

I need some help. I just bought an '03 Seville and the driver side mirror had that brown cloudly looking stuff going on. The mirror moves and adjusts perfectly fine it's just that it looks awful and the black plastic around it is cracked in a few places which makes me think it may have been hit and the stuff started leaking out. Luckily I was able to find just the glass on Ebay for $25. My question is just how easy it is to pop the glass that is in there out out with the plastic and pop the new one right back in it's place. Seems like it should be pretty easy, but from what I read nothing is ever really easy with these Caddies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

Re: 2003 Seville Driver Side Mirror

It is just about that easy the second or third time you do it!!

Look at the back surface of your replacement glass and you will see the two tilt fittings that have to align with the drive shafts from the tilt motor. And you see the pivot arrangement at the center. All of that has to align with the pieces in the housing none of which you can see.

To remove, tilt the glass full left or full right to get your fingers behind one side and just snap it out. Be careful to "spread the load" when you are snapping the replacement in place; you do not want to damage the dimming material.

OK. Thanks for the response. I haven't received the replacement mirror in the mail yet. I'm waiting for the shipment to come in from Ebay. The directions you gave me seem pretty simple. The one question I have is that the mirror that is being sent to me from Ebay looks like it has some wires on the back of it. Should I have to worry about hooking up any wires? It says it came off a '99 SLS, so I'm sure it's the right mirror.

The wires will be two spade lugs for the heating element and one 2 pin connector. I have a picture of the back surface of the glass if you want to be sure.

Sounds good to me. Thanks Jim!

If you are willing to go the extra mile, you could also do this:

Whoa! I would love to hook mine up like that! What's the secret?!?!?

Step 1) Obtain LH and RH mirror glass from a 2003 or 2004 Deville.

Step 2) Remove trim panels as necessary to access the turn signal wiring under the RH front door sill.

Step 3) Snake a wire from the appropriate turn signal wire through the cabin and out to the door.

Step 4) Remove door trim and fabricate a connector to get the turn signal voltage to the mirror glass.

Repeat for other side. It's much easier to describe than to do.

OK. Yeah, I can tell it'll be more difficult to complete than it is to describe. That may be a project I'll have to take on in the future once I handle a few other things. Thanks.

Man I did just what you told me not to do. I got everything in and out perfectly until I started putting it back it and applied to much pressure and cracked it and the darn dimming material started oozing out on me! Ah well I guess ya live and ya learn. At least I'll know exactly how to handle it next time. Crap!

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

i found a Side view on CL entire asembnly same color for 35 bucks a few months back
    i have seen them on Ebay for around 50-75
    there is this one guy out of MD area i think who sells on Ebay he is really cool if your low on cash just let him know what you have and he will hit you with a private invoice sell it off of ebay to you for less yeah you won't have ebay buyer protection but with this guy you won't need it

his name is Fels
    here is a link to his Ebay Store

http://shop.ebay.com/byserker/m.html..._from=&_ipg=25

right now it looks like he is selling them between 75 and 145 depending on color condition and how many he has of that item

Cool! I'll check him out. I'm really pissed b/c my wife was like maybe you should just pay someone to put it in. I told her nah I talked to someone and they told me just how to do it and I can handle it. Man I know I'm gonna have to hear her mouth when she gets back in! LOL!

yeah well i hope she doesn't read this forum because if she reads this last past from you your even in more trouble i bet lol

LOL! Luckily she doesn't read the forum!

my mom is the same way as your wife is with you my mom is with my dad she says pay someone to do the work it will come out good as in meaning it will work correctly LOL
    you know how you only see in movies when someone does work in a kitchen and they go to turn the kitchen lite on but they end up turning the garbage disposal on you only see that wild stuff happen in movies
    well that actually happen to my dad when i was like 10 years old i remember it right before going to summer camp dad was doing some work with his brother in the kitchen my uncle said no ill do it you just stay out dad couldn't do that well ended up messing the wiring up lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.