No interior lights?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, No interior lights? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just noticed today on my 97 STS no interior lights are working except the door little lights that are near ...
    Hotness is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1997

No interior lights?

Just noticed today on my 97 STS no interior lights are working except the door little lights that are near the window buttons.

All the dash lights work, just the lights inside car when you open the door dont work, nor does the cigarette lighter work.

Anyone have this problem before?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: No interior lights?

Check your interior lights fuse. Is located in the engine compartment fuse cluster (driver's side under the fuse door).

Hotness is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1997

I checked fusses this morning one cigarette lighter fuse was blown, put new one in still dont work. Fuse is still good.
    I checked the 50 fuse underneath that cover was good. Checked the power block relay has 4 wires the orange one is broke. Corroded.

Can you post a picture with what you found (the "power block relay") I don't understand what you mean. Do you have power to the interior lights fuse?
    Underneath that cover on the top outer corner there is a fairly large relay mounted with the connections down. The wires connected to this relay are fairly thick (~12 AWG) but one wire is significantly thiner (~18 AWG). That is the wire that provides power to the interior lights fuse. Is that wire OK (should be double ferruled with the large wire underneath the relay terminals).

Lunchbox7688 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Concours, 1998 ESC R.I.P.

Hey I got a 98 eldorado that was having the same problem. I looked at that relay and the wires broke in my hand they were soo corroded! I fixed the problem and all the lights work again.

You have a leak in there, water gets underneath the hood and run along the fender (on the strut tower) and flows down to the relays underneath the cover.

dewhurstaj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado ETC & 1997 Seville STS

My 97 STS has the same problem - no interior dome lights, no glove box light, and no trunk light. Heck, the air does not work either. I checked the fuse & relays look good. Is it necessary to remove the plastic shroud to gain access the wires that connect to the fuse box?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.