Cadillac Owners Forum banner

92 Eldo front seal leaking, change trans fluid while it's on the lift?

540 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mhamilton 
#1 ·
Bought mid 2009 with 58K. Well kept. Car is 19 years old and was lightly driven around town so I'm thinking of pushing the trans fluid change up from 100K to next week when I get the front seal done at 85K. Anybody see any flaws with this plan or have any suggestions? My mechanic is excellent, family business for 3 generations. He knows not to do a flush. I actually was going to have the trans fluid change first and when he pinpointed the front seal as the source of my oil leak he said I may as well do the front seal when I do the trans fluid change. Just second guessing my decision to do the trans fluid change ahead of schedule.

Thanks.

#2 ·
No problem doing a pan drop/fluid change. It's better to do it well before 100k. Once the fluid is burnt, it's usually too late. I did mine at 50k when I got the car, and my transmission guy recommends ever 25k miles for best results.

And good for your mechanic not doing a flush, that's usually worse than leaving old fluid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.