Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Weird!! Can't Pull DTC's

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  dkozloski 
#1 ·
When I tried to pull the codes on my 2001 cadillac sts. Every module reads "NO DATA". What would be the reason for this?

#6 ·
Every Module reads "NO DATA". My speedometer and rpm gauge works but my fuel guage stays on empty even though theres fuel and my temperature gauge doesnt move either. Also the battery light stays on even though there is nothing wrong with my alternator and my car starts up just fine every time. Also my digital dash part doesnt let me adjust anything and doesnt tell me anything except the mileage and the trip miles. which is how ive been monitoring my gas level. everytime i get gas i reset the trip so i dont end up stuck somewhere out of gas. Is it possibly my intrument panel cluster going bad?

#9 ·
I actually just bought the car a month ago and it was working fine. And then I was having a starter issue. So I gave the car a jump because the battery was dead after the starter got changed and its been like that ever since. That's why I originally thought maybe I had blew a fuse but I've checked all fuses and they all are fine. Is it possible that when I had the starter issue that when I kept turning the key on and off it possibly messed up the instrument panel cluster??

#13 ·
my battery is brand new.yes the starter issue is all fixed. it started the problem before the starter got changed. I had been trying to turn the car on for a while and ended up draining the battery so i had to give the car a jump to start it. and thats when it started.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.