Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2000 Seville Blower Problem

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  D2H 
#1 ·
heater fan doesn't work everything else seems fine all fuses and relays are good, does it have high fan relay i'm missing

#2 ·
No high speed relay, the blower is controlled through HVAC programmer via a PWM control board (replaces the resistor pack of yesterday) to give infinite fan speed control to the computer. They are known to go bad, as well as the fan motors themselves.

Not sure if it would be useful here, but have you pulled codes to see if any faults come up? http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ldorado-forum/138258-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

#4 ·
Another post described a similar issue and resolved my problem. Intermitten blower performance. A bump a stiff kick under the dash and the blower would start to work. Two dealers wanted to replace the blower for about $350. I took the cover off under the pass dash, two screws and there is the blower. My connector was loose causing the whole problem. I could push the connector to the blower and blower performace would increase. The connector was simply loose I guess do to age and gravity on the wires. I have made a small adjustment the wires etc and working fine for the entire day now.

#5 ·
I had that issue over the summer. Blower stopped working suddenly. Took it to local shop. Ran every test they could think of. it was working fine for them. Picked up the STS. Tested it right when I started the car and nothin. BTW, tried a new motor too.

Turns out the ground relay under the passenger front kick panel was fried. Pulled them out. Re-grounded the wires and wa'la. Check and see if any of those wires are melted at all.

#6 ·
My blower is also very intermittent. It would be completely out, but I have been able to tap/bang on the bottom of the blower housing (above where the passenger's left foot would be) and get it to start up. When starting up or in low blowing mode (1/5 bars) the blower makes a clicking/vibrating noise. I'm guessing in my case the blower itself is going - perhaps the bearing in it?

EDIT: no codes with regard to this for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.