Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Monroe sensatrac passive struts

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Hairball 
#1 ·
Love em. Next step. Bypass / fool active suspension

#2 ·
isn't that just as simple as adding a relay? For the 93 Seville, all the online ads call for a relay, but only mentioned for the 93 only for some reason. Hope you like them. Let us know! I'm getting ready to replace my worn out struts with Gabriel Ultras. I found them locally for $174 plus tax for all 4, but found them even cheaper online. I know I'm going to lose that famous Cadillac ride and the electronically controlled suspension, but better yet I will lose the charter boat feeling and swaying. It's gotten so annoying that I give up on trying to find stock struts. Some dealers claim to have them in stock for the 93 Seville, yet most say they are no longer available. Plus they sell for more than I paid for the car! So, Gabriel Ultra is is! I even called Gabriel directly to confirm the model/part numbers and they said yes, it's a direct bolt-on. But the guy did remind me my Cadillac will not feel like a Cadillac anymore if I use their struts. He said it will feel more like a stock Impala or other full-sized GM. I told him I was just trying to get the boaty feeling to go away, as well as stop stuff from slamming so hard with I hit potholes and manhole covers.

Good luck and let us know how they end up working for ya!

#4 ·
Now I'm confused. Most sites say for a 93 Seville, a relay is required. But you're saying you needed a resistor instead? Hmmm. I just ordered my new Gabriel Ultra struts! They were a lot cheaper online with shipping than Auto Zone charged before tax. All 4 came to around $275 total.

So, the resistor makes much more sense than a relay. I was wondering why sites would say you needed a relay.

How exactly do you connect that relay? Just run it inline with the sensor wires at each strut tower? I'm guessing it's that simple. Please share your secret so I'll be better prepared for replacing my "boat struts". (Maybe I can donate my old struts to some charter fishing fleet! LOL!).

BTW: in case anyone is wondering why I went with the Garbriel Ultras, it was for a few reasons:
1. Cheaper in price than any other brands I found.
2. Many years of good luck with Garbriel products since back in the 70's.
3. They don't require any complicated "kits" like Monroe does.
4. Were much easier to find in stock at every source I checked.

#9 ·
Got my new Gabriel Ultra struts yesterday! Can't wait to get them installed. The stock struts are so BAD!

I'm still wondering if anyone knows what I need for my factory strut wires: a resistor at each end or a "relay" as some aftermarket brands say. After working with relays for many years, it just makes no sense on how a relay would work, so I'm still guessing they meant resistor.

I'll have to do some more searching in other threads to determine what others with a 93 Seville used.

Either way, I'm glad I got such a great deal on the Gabriel Ultras. $275 including shipping for all 4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.