Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Decided to sell my factory wheels with nice tires!

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Hairball 
#1 · (Edited)
But haven't got a single call, which is a shock. I only listed them for $400 for the set of 4 in mint condition with nice all-season performance radials. I figured if I listed them for $100 each my phone would go crazy, but apparently I was very wrong!

If anyone in the forum is interested and you live in Western Washington, check out my Craigslist ad. They are in mint condition and the tires are like new! If anyone calls me and tells me they saw them in this forum, I will sell them to that person for $250!

See less See more
#2 ·
The tire in that second picture looks as though it has never touched the ground or rolled 1 revolution and in the other pic tire looks used.

It cost a lot of money to ship a set of tires & wheels. There is no way to know if the tires are any good or not.

It's a risky deal for one to consider for an off brand tire.

#3 ·
The one IS brand new... I found that picture online. The other one is my tire. I'll sell them, without a doubt. In fact my brother's buddy is looking for some chrome Caddy rims. He just wants to pay $100 for a set, which I told him he will have a hard time finding for that price. I could dismount these and sell them on ebay, and could easily sell the tires as a set on Craigslist. The thing is, I didn't want to take the tires off the rims. Too much of a hassle, and would take up twice as much room in my small garage as they already do.

I didn't expect to sell them in the forum. But figured maybe there was a member living in the general area of my State who will find them on Craigslist. I certainly can't afford to ship them. Ironically, a friend wants to buy a table set from me that is still in the box, and ship it to her in Hawaii. I don't think so!!! I told her it weighs 88 pounds and would probably cost more to ship that she would pay for the tables.

#6 ·
Apparently you haven't priced these wheels online lately, you're basing your opinion on a wild guess. These chrome ones, IF you can find them, are selling for close to $300 EACH.

I'll put a $20 on it that says I'll have them sold before the weekend is over. Check craigslist and see what other stock (non-chrome) Seville wheels are selling for. You'll be amazed. I found a guy in Portland who was asking $1600 for a set of 4 of these wheels without tires.

And my wheels are in MINT condition, without even the smallest scratch of chip. And the tires have like 90% tread if not more. So no, I don't believe I'm asking too much.

#7 ·
I have bought and sold wheels / tires on Craigslist before, here in the greater Houston area. Both for my older Cadillac, my 2000 F250, my 2004 Silverado, and a 2005 Ford Escape. Usually around $250. I did once pay $500 for a set of brand new wheels & tires, pulled from a brand new truck.

#10 ·
Wheels are all over the spectrum in price - some sellers hold out for top dollar, some simply want to get rid of them for space savings - I bought 4 of these 2003 CTS 17" wheels a while back for $280 shipped. ("Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.") Unfortunately, once a tire has been mounted and run it is worth essentially nothing - especially any sort of performance tire..

#14 ·
Decided NOT to sell my factory wheels with nice tires!

True, but there are lots of Cadillacs out there that don't have chrome wheels.

But after doing a lot of thinking, I've decided to hold on to the set since they're in such good shape and the tires are like 90% tread left, just in case for some reason I decide to sell my Seville or it gets wrecked or something. That way I can hold onto my new rims & tires and use them on another car.

The stock wheels with tires are cleaned up and in tire bags, stacked in a corner of my spare bedroom (saving me much-needed garage space).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.