Thank You!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Thank You! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; After either posting here or reading extensive, expert posts, I have worked many kinks out of a car that I ...
    Gilded_Splinters is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Seville SLS, 1980 Corvette

Thumbs up Thank You!

After either posting here or reading extensive, expert posts, I have worked many kinks out of a car that I bought because I loved, not understood.

With a new fuel pump relay and fuel pressure regulator, the car runs like a clock and starts immediately. In addition, I have fixed about 20 minor things and have a few to go...now only if the head gaskets don't fail, I'll be fine. I have to stop staring at the temp gauge now is all.

Now I wouldn't be a true Caddy newbie if I didn't have at least one more question:

My cruise control functions flawlessly, but shuts itself off after about 5 - 10 miles.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Thank You!

While driving, do you rest your left foot on the brake pedal ?

Otherwise it may be a slightly mis-adjusted brake light switch - touch the brake pedal and it should drop out of Cruise.

Gilded_Splinters is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Seville SLS, 1980 Corvette

I don't rest my foot there...have been hyper-conscious of that to eliminate that as a possibility.

It will go off when the brake pedal is touched, but does so spontaneously and predictable even. You think I should try to make that switch less sensitive via an adjustment and see what happens?

Jim 99 eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado 2000 Jeep TJ 2000 Ford SD 4X4 Diesel crew cab

If you can disengage the CC by just barley touching the brake peddle it will be the stop light switch adjustment. You can test this your self easy go to a store front with glass windows back into the space and place the car in park look at the reflection of you brake lamps through the rear view mirror you should have to push the brake peddle and it should move down a little bit before the brake lights turn on if they come on as soon as you touch the peddle you need to adjust the switch. Good Luck! sounds like you are coming right along learning how to care for your Caddy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.