2002 Aztec Red collector's edition Eldorado
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2002 Aztec Red collector's edition Eldorado in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; How much would you consider is a fair (for both the seller and buyer) price for a 2002 Eldorado Atzec ...
    N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

2002 Aztec Red collector's edition Eldorado

How much would you consider is a fair (for both the seller and buyer) price for a 2002 Eldorado Atzec Red collector’s edition (the one with the carbon fiber trims). Say the car has about 75K miles, badly cracked clear coat on the carbon fiber trims (at least the one across the dash board), the seats are not in the best shape (even for 75K), the cup holder lid is warped and the worst part has a Kenwood aftermarket stereo. Other weak points: fake convertible roof and just leather wrapped steering (not the one with the carbon fiber top/bottom inserts). Let’s say I want the original sound system (the aftermarket is to be returned to the seller at my expense). The only conditions are: the original sound system is still available and comes with the car, there was no wire or panel cut for the conversion, the fake roof to be removed prior to transaction.

Obviously the owner claimed the car has 325HP (because of the special collector’s edition exhaust ) and implied it has a special factory GM performance chip.

Other than that, from just few not very detailed pictures, the car seems to be in the shape you would expect a fairly well maintained 8 year old car with 75K to be (but some how exterior shape is not consistent with interior - I suspect it was buffed & waxed).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hundojoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville SLS, 1999 Silverado

Re: 2002 Aztec Red collector's edition Eldorado

Do you have any pics of this car?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

...........considering that a 2002 Northstar PCM does not have (interchangeable) "chips"........

Anyone ever seen a "collector's edition exhaust" in a parts list ? If such a thing existed, wouldn't every late Eldorado owner in here be madly posting for purchase info ? 25 bolt-on horsepower for a 2000+ Northstar is absolute Nirvana...........

Get into Edmund's and KelleyBlueBook and call up the pricing, private owner, for the car in poor condition. There's far too much wrong with it, plus aftermarket modifications, to rate it any higher...........

At 75 Kmiles the inside of the chaincase (oil fill hole) should be absolutely hospital clean and shiny, and the oil itself should have essentially no color. If you can't personally tire-kick this one, walk.

Here are some pictures with the car:

Notice the cracks across all the trim, now where would I find a replacement carbon fiber trim? The only option is restoration, to get it factory correct probably I am looking at close to $1000 (if is ONLY this trim).

Here is another picture with the interior. The driverís seat is in pretty bad shape for the mileage, you can see how far the cracks on the dash board trim are extending (al the way to the center vent). Notice the microphone glued on the top left corner of the center console, and uhhh the aftermarket job (I know is an $1250 stereo but I donít want that). Then see the wire running from under the driverís side of the center console, and the warped cup holders door (witch is not a big deal after all).

This is the last picture with the interior, you can see the driver's seat looks pretty bad on the bottom cushion and the left side of the back rest. Then see how the passenger seat is not far behind. Definitely the car has passengers often (observe even the rear seat). Then you can see even more wires in the center console area, and ahhhh that aftermarket.

Then the exterior, not bad, but the picture is not good resolution (no details for stone chips in front). Is clear that the car was washed and waxed and the tires were blackened for the picture. Then whatís the deal with the fake convertible top, I am looking to well over a grand to have that thing removed. Not sure how factory it is, more like a dealer install or such (what if holes drilled?).
    Honestly in this condition how much would you pay for the car. I mean something that is fair for both parties. Keep in mind I offered to remove the aftermarket at my expense and return it along with any additional equipment, and no deal with the fake roof on.

By the way, this is the picture of a 4K (practically brand new) exhaust of a í02 Collectorís edition, as you see outside NOTHING different, and what ever you do to the exhaust (straight pipe) maybe you get 1 hp, there is WAY more restriction with the air filter than the whole exhaust. The exhaust was designed just to replicate the old sound not performance any way. But letís ignore the special chip and 25HP exhaust, this is just like the nice girl in the beer commercial (drink our bear and girls like this one will fall after you). Seriously what would you consider a fair price?

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

Actually the car looks pretty good! Im not sure if its just the pictures, but I can hardly see the cracks in the trim. Im sure its alot worse in person. Also that touchscreen aftermarket doesnt look bad at all. I thought it was just a regular single din cd player but thats a double din touchscreen! As far as removing the top, I would think long and hard about that. The paint underneath might be damaged in some areas and the only way to tell is to pull it off. If you pull it of and its needs to be painted, then your looking at more $$$$. Ive never been a fan of the fake convertible tops, but that one doesnt look too bad. I think its worth about $4K considering its a Collectors Edition. You may have to spend a little money to get it the way YOU want it, but I think its overall in pretty decent shape.

mitchjagger is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS 97 Deville(Previous)

That car looks amazing. I personally would keep the black top on, it seems to complete the package. I love elderados and sevilles, but when they have the imitation convertible top it can be beat. I believe those tops were factory installed, and there should be a tag sewn to it by the back windshield showing that its oem. I have the top on my seville and in my opinion it makes it much more classy. do what you want, but why deface a rarity like that.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

What's with the wheels on this car? They look like they came off a Volvo. I think there are a lot nicer 2000 Eldorados out there. I 'd prefer a really nice stock one to this one. I would verify that this "special edition" is actually factory instlled and not a dealer stick on job. I also agree with you that the interior looks like it has had a lot passenger use. Not what I would call great condition for a 70,000 mile 2002, more like a 2002 that has seen a lot more use.

Personaly, I'd pass on this car!!!

kdcing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Eldorado, 4.9L, 200k miles

Quote Originally Posted by N*Caddy View Post
    Then whatís the deal with the fake convertible top, I am looking to well over a grand to have that thing removed. Not sure how factory it is, more like a dealer install or such (what if holes drilled?).
    If you can rebuild a Northstar, you can remove the fake top!

After removing the top, you will have screw holes in the roof that will need patching and painting. There will be about 5 holes just above the windshield, and 1 hole for each screw in the beauty trim along the back. It is likely that there will be local bubbling in the paint around each screw hole. Also there will be a half dozen adhesive blobs on the top of the roof that are impossible to remove (it's best to let the sun's UV rays degrade them).

I have a detailed post on my fake roof's removal somewhere in the this forum's archives. If you'd like pictures of the aftermath (I think I have pics of the screw holes, but not the adhesive blobs), I can likely dig some up on my pc.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

The wheels are 2002 Eldorado 16" 7-spoke units.

See www.wheelcollision.com, 2010 online catalog, Cadillac, Eldorado, bottom of the page, (Hollander) H4565, click on the wheel pic to enlarge.

You would be amazed at what a coat of SEM leather paint/dressing would do for the otherwise normal-looking seat surfaces which are 8 years+ old.

The car doesnt look bad by any means. You can tell it was driven regularly but it wasnt abused.

Necrosan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

I'd offer no more than $6000, and that's a number that's hard to stomach.

Sub, is either perfect or not at all, SEM is something I used on my driverís seat and armrest/center console. The arm rest worked well (not perfect) but the seat is not working out, it pealed off around the wrinkles so you end up with a brand new (looking) seat and highlighted wrinkles. The seat over all still looks good (probably rated 7 out of 10) but is the only thing rated 7 in the car (I am anal on this stuff).
    Any way back to the car, I studied the pictures very well and you can see the car was enjoyed a lot, not quite well maintained (as in carefully preserved). Also the pictures do not include the engine, the underneath and the trunk. There are some odd angle close-ups but either the owner is not good with the camera or the angles were actually well calculated for reasons you can only see when next to the car. The overall shots are made from distance; I can make any car look good like that.
    Everything is correct on the car (including rims) except the stereo. Cadillac made 1596 Collectors edition Eldorado in 2002 in three batches of 532. The fist and last batch was Alpine White and the second batch (between no 533 and 1064) was Aztec Red. The collectors series car were differentiated by the regular ETC by:
    - Special collectors edition rims (as seen in the picture)
    - All cars were ďZĒ rated
    - The front and rear seat had that little strip on the side of the perforated area in matching color with the exterior (red for the red cars and white for the white cars). The front seats had an embroidered Cadillac emblem just bellow the head rests, all white cars had shale interior and all the red cars had black interior. Matching color strips were also installed on the topside of the door pockets.
    - The interior trims (zebrano wood inserts in the regular cars) were different, the red cars had gray carbon fiber while the white cars had different wood grain (light color wall nut?).
    - There was a plate on the passenger side of the dash board trim with the sequence number (between 1 and 1596).
    - Special retune exhaust designed to replicate the sound of the Ď53 engines (is not a performance thing just sound).
    Other than that, are just regular ETC. sunroof was optional (can not tell how many came with and how many without). The only other option was the steering wheel, some (very-very rare) had wood or carbon fiber grade steering wheel, now think about the fact that even the wood trim cars had actually a different wood grain so these steering wheels are very-very rare. Most of the collectorís edition came in fact with regular leather wrapped steering wheel. I was not aware some had the fake roof top (and still not convinced).
    There is nothing wrong with the cars equipped with fake convertible top but IMHO is not looking good on the these Eldorados. Actually the red cars (with carbon fiber trims and bright red strips) were the ďsportyĒ version and the white ones were more of the luxury version. So a fake convertible top on a red car is not a good idea.
    Honesty I like the white cars better, red ones are too much for me but to be honest I am fascinated with the idea of owning that plate on the dashboard. There is a member on this forum owning the car no 1595 witch is the very last car sold to the public (1596 is still whit GM), I am sure we could never agree on a price (currently is for sale on e-bay), the asked price make sense but unfortunately there are other priorities in life. If it will be to pay the car in how much I want one and how much care I would take of it probably I will overpay.

So back to the price, according to my observations in the recent time a 02 ETC with 35K and looking like a 35K car (mint) goes for around $8K-$9K, a 75K car (in similar or little better shape than this one) is about 5$K-$6K, I have seen some odd í00 with like 10K on the clock for about $11K. That badge on the dashboard for the collectorís edition cars adds about $2K to the price of the car. These figures are private transactions not dealers, if you sell/trade in one probably you get 60% o the above prices, should you buy it add 20% to the prices. Basically that makes no í02 Eldorado more than $12K-$14K (bought from dealer). Now in Canada we all know the prices are little higher (by about 20%).
    With all these considered I offered the owner $10K (in the payment method of his choice) if is coming without the fake roof and with the original sound system. I was the one to remove the aftermarket and restore to original while the aftermarket equipment is returned.
    I am well aware that the roof may cost me a couple grand to remove and if any hole or paint damage the deal is OFF. I am not scared of ANY electrical challenge on these cars so no problem there, I rather restore the stereo myself than some God knows what shop. Also that crack in the very rare (only 532 ever made) trim is going to cost thousands to repair and you only get one shot, if you went to the wrong place thatís it there is no other.
    The owner was actually asking $17K for the car, recently he dropped the price to $16K. In my offer I mentioned all these conditions and asked for a full history report of the car, also told him about the facts on the car (is only 300HP not 325, no special chip).
    The guy reply in a very rood manner among the others telling me the car is not for sale at any price for me. I really donít understand what made him so offended.
    This is the reason I was asking what would you consider to be a fair price (both parties).
    The only bad thing is that theoretically there are only 1595 cars out there, most not maintained very well so it will be harder and harder to find one in good condition.

Oh well screw him. He will never sell that car for 16K. Maybe its best if you just walk away and keep your eye open for another one.

97EldoCoupe is offline Owner of Northstar Performance
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

I'd offer 5k in a heartbeat. 8k I'd have to think hard. 10k I'd say forget it. 16k I would leave two stripes of rubber behind me as I'm leaving.

Vasi I've dealt with people who claim "it's got 325 hp because of this and that" and all that other jazz". I'm usually the one who's saying "I wouldn't buy that car from you if it was $1.00". You have a nicer car right now man, a real beauty. Unless this joker sells it to you for $5k, forget it and find something better. But it's up to you. I'll fix your oil leaks and head gaskets on whatever Caddy you own

97EldoCoupe is offline Owner of Northstar Performance
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Hey Vasi - I bought another ETC now. The black one you saw is probably going to be a parts car. I found a 97 black on black with Phone, Moonroof, Bose, 12 disc, for $1200+taxes. Pretty decent body, great interior with the exception of a small rip in the A pillar.

So you can imagine where those "Vasi-Custom" LED tail lights are going next.....

Oh and I want to swap the entire black interior from that parts Eldo in my Crimson Pearl Eldorado. I think that would look pretty sweet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.